YouTube launches ‘Breaking News’ Feed

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

YouTube’s homepage now features a ‘Breaking News’ section on both mobile and desktop devices.

The feed houses a collection of videos about worldwide news events, and was first spotted during the recent Barcelona terrorist attack populated the section.

It isn't clear whether ‘Breaking News’ will appear every day or just during particularly newsworthy moments in time. It’s also unknown how the videos featured in ‘Breaking News’ are being selected — whether by popularity or curated manually by Google.

Source and full article: http://www.tubefilter.com/2017/08/21/youtube-breaking-news-feed-desktop-apps/

Looks like YouTube is doing everything they can to keep users on the website, which has to be a good thing right? Have you spotted this yet? Thoughts?

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
It appeared in my feed a while ago, but I don't recall when because it's in short something I can't be bothered watching, I am on Youtube to entertain myself, for the news I have plenty other means. I hope Google will keep their sources mixed and as partial as possible, news should be information and not political propaganda in disguise.

Reactions: Crown

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm not surprised. I'll never see it though because I keep my current subscriptions up. I'm hardly ever looking at the YouTube homepage because I know the trending and so on almost never apply to what I like.

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lol just the big news tv companies paying youtube to help them since everyone leaving tv news but other than that am interested in your watch again crown:D

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
its been their for years, i even have a stylish plugin that removes it.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This just looks like more corporate influence injected into YouTube..
This made me LOL. Spunky little YouTube, that startup company, is being influenced by CORPORATE MONEY! When will it stop?!!? :) :)

Will Latimer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's important to to keep up with the news of the world, but it's just a load of s**t these days, they only have that because TV is going down hill

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think it's interesting, but.. I don't know if it would be bias, and since it's probably only going to be the big news outlets, I don't think I'd be interested anyway
Also, Being from the UK, I don't have that much interest in Trumps crazy shenanigans...

nastynas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
I don't think it'll have much of a big impact tbh. I doubt people observe things intently on the home page. I just realized that not everyone might even be looking at the trending tab (and thus the Creator on the Rise is pretty much wasted).