YouTube Kills Billions of Video Views Faked By Music Industry

The Beer Inspector

The Beer Inspector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/youtube-sony-bmg-universal,news-16514.html#xtor=RSS-980

Sony/BMG's was hit the hardest with views dropping from a total of more than 850 million to just 2.3 million. RCA declined by 159 million views to a total of 120 million. Universal lost more than 1 billion views and now stands below 6 billion.
Google confirmed that the companies violated its terms of services, which prohibits users from artificially inflating video views. Google noted that the view stripping was "an enforcement of [the company's] viewcount policy".
:laugh2:

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
wow really thats pretty sad coming from actual companies seeming that they naturally get tons of views anyway

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
yeah, I heard about this and that is crazy, buying views?! How low can you get huh?

Toothpaste35

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Let's just say that this is what businesses are all about. Even if it's as low as buying fake views.

Think about it: The company buys views to increase "popularity" and gain more potential traffic. Even though they just spent money, they eventually gain a profit because these new viewers potentially click on the ads. It's a foolproof marketing scheme that is basically like growing money off of a tree. Their only problem is if they get caught.

Even if the get caught though, they are such large businesses that it will soon be forgotten. In addition, many people will not even hear about the scandal.

jak6jak

I create stick man animations!!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Cartoonist, Animator
Tisk tisk shame shame