YouTube is testing free "superchats"

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

YouTube may be incorporating a new benefit into YouTube Premium subscriptions, which are priced at $12 per month and comprise ad-free viewing, downloaded videos, background play on YouTube and YouTube Music, and access to all YouTube Originals.

YouTube confirmed to Android Police that it’s beta testing monthly Super Chat gifts for YouTube Premium subscribers — or donations that viewers can tender during live streams to make their comments appear more prominently. The Super Chats are reportedly being given in $2 denominations — sometimes as a single $2 Chat, and sometimes as two 99-cent Chats. Standard Super Chats, which launched in Jan. 2017, can be given by viewers in any denomination. The more money viewers spend, the longer comments remain visible onscreen (for a max of five hours).

Sources and full articles:
https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/04/17/youtube-premium-users-getting-2-in-free-super-chat-credit/
and
https://www.tubefilter.com/2019/04/18/youtube-premium-free-super-chats/

Reactions: KatyAdelson

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sure, why not! It might get people more comfortable with the Super Chat system and participate more. If this goes through, I'm not sure who I will donate the two bucks to...

This is could actually be fantastic because I have plans to create a video concept that incorporates Super Chats.

To be honest, I stopped live streaming because it's not fun for me when it's a bunch of "give me a shout-out" comments...

Reactions: Crown

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I like this! I think Twitch does something like this doesn't it?? :eek: I think more people will want to participate in superchats if there is something built-in like this. :)

Reactions: Crown