YouTube is Removing Videos - Are You Affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genp

Reaction score
Diana & Roma channels (individual ones) are showing ads again. They might have successfully appealed.

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Looks like kidpocalypse has finally trickled down and is starting to affect us nobodies. Just got a "not suitable for most advertisers" on our latest video, which is just my kids talking to a puppet. What's interesting is that it will only get manually reviewed if the video receives 1,000 views within a 7 days span... "Right now we are only able to review videos with at least 1,000 views in the past 7 days. We'll review your video once it reaches that threshold." I don't really mind since my channel doesn't really earn any income but find it fascinating and wonder what tripped it. It's almost worth it to buy ads to pass the view threshold to see what the manual review comes up with.

Last edited:

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
100% of my videos have been erroneously flagged as ‘not suitable for most advertisers” in the last 2 months. I’ve requested manual review and 100% have been switched back to ‘suitable’ within a few hours (meaning, the Youtube system has been 100% wrong on 100% of my videos)..

But the interesting thing is that all of them were reviewed with far less than 1000 views because they had only been published for a few hours.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

genp

Reaction score
Who asked for new guidelines?
creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/lesson/family-content
and
youtube.com/yt/family/

Last edited:

Imagination Playtimes

Reaction score
Looks like kidpocalypse has finally trickled down and is starting to affect us nobodies. Just got a "not suitable for most advertisers" on our latest video, which is just my kids talking to a puppet. What's interesting is that it will only get manually reviewed if the video receives 1,000 views within a 7 days span... "Right now we are only able to review videos with at least 1,000 views in the past 7 days. We'll review your video once it reaches that threshold." I don't really mind since my channel doesn't really earn any income but find it fascinating and wonder what tripped it. It's almost worth it to buy ads to pass the view threshold to see what the manual review comes up with.
Hey there, I get a couple of mine flagged too and it's before we've released them. I hit manual request immediately and even with 0 views it usually gets unflagged within 2 days. Just hit manual request anyway and you should be ok!

Reactions: Kesler's Dad

Kesler's Dad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Didn't realize the demonetization of new videos was so prevalent. Can't imagine how much of a nightmare this may be for both creators counting on income from their videos and YouTube manually reviewing who knows how many hundreds of thousands of even millions of videos.

wickisworld

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have posted 3 videos since returning from our 4-5 month hiatus and they all got the yellow after about a day. (all videos are totally innocent) Then I "request review" and they go to green within a day. The last video I posted was one that I scheduled for Saturday morning. It's currently private so if it doesn't change to green by Saturday, I will delete and reupload. I'm thankful that they have been going back to green despite having low views and a low subscriber count, but this process is still very annoying and somewhat discouraging!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel has been demonetized and they have stated reason:

Your channel is out of compliance due to duplication. In most cases, you can’t reupload someone else's content unless you get permission first. Remember: It's not enough to credit the content owner or state that "no copyright infringement is intended." Learn more about copyright and fair use.

Here are some types of content that are subject to copyright:
  • Audiovisual works like TV shows and movies
  • Sound recordings and musical compositions
  • Visual and written works, including paintings, posters, articles and books
  • Dramatic works such as plays and musicals

This is stupid since all of our content was made solely by us ... I wrote numerous other emails but not a single reply....

Had a quick look at your vids page - you do compilations right? While compilations are still "officially" "approved", lookin at your content it's likely you were hit under the "content farm" provisions. Basically they hit channels that make 3 learn colors videos with similar props, each 3-4 mins, then combine them into a single 10-12 min video. The sole purpose of the compilation is not to "enrich kids lives" or "educational" but a content farm to serve ads and increase channel revenue. I use lots of "" because no one really knows what's happening, but that's the most likely scenario based on a few other discussions and channels. Welcome to the new and improved Yt.[DOUBLEPOST=1514890511,1514890092][/DOUBLEPOST]
Diana & Roma channels (individual ones) are showing ads again. They might have successfully appealed.
She did, but she gutted her inventory first. Appeals go through quick with very large and/or well connected creators. The rest of us are in a DMV style queue, out the door, down the street and round the corner till February or March.

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I emailed YT once again asking for a review as our channel has no approved monetezation. Hopefully once this clears we can make videos again and back on the platform. I realized my descriptions had “bad baby” from a video title which I removed and hoping this was the issue. I had a good feeling not to tag that trend..[DOUBLEPOST=1514916815,1514916602][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are several dozen metadata terms, either in tags, descr or title that were banned. Any of those would have led to individual video demonetizations or deletions, or whole channel demonetization or deletion, depending of how much you were "masquerading as family-friendly" [Yt term not mine]. Depending on your status now, there are several avenues being explored and worked with Yt, slowly but surely.

Yep I realized all my descriptions had “bad baby” in a video title. I should have trusted instincts and not tagged that since it made no sense in relation to family friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.