YouTube is Removing Videos - Are You Affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbesman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
My channel has been demonetized and they have stated reason:

Your channel is out of compliance due to duplication. In most cases, you can’t reupload someone else's content unless you get permission first. Remember: It's not enough to credit the content owner or state that "no copyright infringement is intended." Learn more about copyright and fair use.

Here are some types of content that are subject to copyright:
  • Audiovisual works like TV shows and movies
  • Sound recordings and musical compositions
  • Visual and written works, including paintings, posters, articles and books
  • Dramatic works such as plays and musicals

This is stupid since all of our content was made solely by us ... I wrote numerous other emails but not a single reply....

wickisworld

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We have taken a 4 month break and came back to see this insanity. I FINALLY put up a new video after our hiatus, and it got the ol "not suitable for most advertisers". It's my 5 year old opening presents- nothing is questionable! I've always been over-the-top cautious about what is in my videos since the beginning. We are still a very small channel so it doesn't affect our income at the moment, but it's still VERY frustrating. I was looking forward to getting back into doing videos and now this. Ugh.

Also, I am very sorry to everyone that has been dealing with this, especially when it is your sole income. I know how much work has gone into everyone's channels. They need to figure out an actual solution to this. What a mess it is right now.

ETA: It appears that my video is back in the green as of today (12/29).

Last edited:
Reactions: RTT

WildCanadaKids

Reaction score
Kids channels are being hit with duplication strikes, but it's not for stealing content. I'm fairly certain that it's for compilation videos. My Partner Manager wouldn't give a straight answer when I asked if collections were still allowed, she said "well...they are...", she failed to finish her sentence.

I think people are being hit with these duplication strikes if their collections are too similar, or if they just have too many videos that are similar in nature.

Reactions: RTT

AFTC

Reaction score
Hello! I really appreciate if someone could give me an advice.
My Kids channel was also demonetized due to repeated submission of ineligible videos and/or insufficient documentation. I contacted Youtube a wile ago and I am still waiting for their answers... I have never uploaded anything that violated the terms of service or community guidelines, my channel has no copyright strikes and no community guideline strikes. Some of my videos have tags like "learn colors with surprise eggs", this probably was the reason that caused the demonetization, but these videos are not bad and inappropriate for kids at all, they are totally educational. What would you guys suggest me to do? Should I delete these videos? I could delete all of the videos even the channel, if I could get my monetization reinstated. It shows that my channel is still a Youtube/Adsense partner and I have created a second channel about four month ago, (an art channel) which is the one that I am really spending my time and focusing. This channel is not monetized yet, because It didn't reach 10k views yet. My concern: Would you think they won't be able to monetize my second channel in the future because I have the same Adsense account? Thanks in advance for your time and advice!

Fun Toys and Crafts

Last edited:

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Kids channels are being hit with duplication strikes, but it's not for stealing content. I'm fairly certain that it's for compilation videos. My Partner Manager wouldn't give a straight answer when I asked if collections were still allowed, she said "well...they are...", she failed to finish her sentence.

I think people are being hit with these duplication strikes if their collections are too similar, or if they just have too many videos that are similar in nature.
I personally don't think so, look at the nursery rhyme videos, they post the same content mixed with the occasional new one every day (over an hour each) year in year out just in a different order and they are still monetized.[DOUBLEPOST=1514481246,1514481019][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello! I really appreciate if someone could give me an advice.
My Kids channel was also demonetized due to repeated submission of ineligible videos and/or insufficient documentation. I contacted Youtube a wile ago and I am still waiting for their answers... I have never uploaded anything that violated the terms of service or community guidelines, my channel has no copyright strikes and no community guideline strikes. Some of my videos have tags like "learn colors with surprise eggs", this probably was the reason that caused the demonetization, but these videos are not bad and inappropriate for kids at all, they are totally educational. What would you guys suggest me to do? Should I delete these videos? I could delete all of the videos even the channel, if I could get my monetization reinstated. It shows that my channel is still a Youtube/Adsense partner and I have created a second channel about four month ago, (an art channel) which is the one that I am really spending my time and focusing. This channel is not monetized yet, because It didn't reach 10k views yet. My concern: Would you think they won't be able to monetize my second channel in the future because I have the same Adsense account? Thanks in advance for your time and advice!

Fun Toys and Crafts
Your monetization for the second channel should probably be fine, but it seems all reviewers have been reassigned to review "bad content" as many channels are now waiting for over a month already.

Reactions: AFTC

WildCanadaKids

Reaction score
Collections on high quality videos with high production value are one thing; compilations of "low quality" content is another.
You're basing your assumptions on old YT, there's a new paradigm for kids creators on YT.

Your duplication strike is not the first one that I am aware of, lots of kids creators are being hit with these strikes on 100% original content. YT is coming down hard on kid's channels and their new definitions of "spam" and "content farming" mean that you have to be extra diligent with your content. If you're uploading lots of the same type of videos and your collection videos repeat most of the same content, you're going to get hit.

Normally, 2 duplicate videos = strike. For years, compilations were encouraged and kid's content flew under the radar with regards to spam. However, most collections are literally 2 minutes of new content and 8+ minutes of recycled content. That's basically the same video. Therefore, "spam".

Your strike isn't a mistake, they just haven't updated their auto-responses to reflect their new paradigm.

Reactions: chottom

genp

Reaction score
Also it feels like YT is periodically regulating or capping views of popular Kids' videos. Prob. they don't want to see next "superhero in real life" anytime soon.

Last edited:

WildCanadaKids

Reaction score
Also it feels like YT is periodically regulating or capping views of popular Kids' videos. Prob. they don't want to see next "superhero in real life" anytime soon.
I hadn't noticed the capping, examples?

genp

Reaction score
@WildCanadaKids

I've been tracking kids channels and videos performing very well. After YT's massive deletion of channels/videos last month, I observed view spikes (as much as 10x) in numerous channels. But in many cases the spikes didn't last long and even some of those channels got demonetized. I don't know exactly how Algo works now but it feels like YT is monitoring to make sure that noone is standing out or hugely benefit from the second adpocalypse at the moment. I'm just guessing from what I observed because there is no official announcement.

WildCanadaKids

Reaction score
It might have something to do with the fact that the system that supports kids videos has been destroyed. We noticed huge fluctuations as well, as people were deleting and then reuploading videos. It's hard to say what exactly is going on right now. I do know that YT no longer allows kids content to trend (and they haven't for a long time), so I do think they are trying to make kids content less visible overall.

Reactions: HondawithanS
Status
Not open for further replies.