YouTube is Removing Videos - Are You Affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genp

Reaction score
Can someone verify if these managers work directly for YouTube or through an outsourced company?
Managers are full-time employees with their own desks in the Google company. They have many different tasks with limited authority and knowledge. I saw a manager couldn't answer or gave down right wrong answers. But the questions were pretty technical or about future Google policies which a junior manager don't know. He/She cannot fix the problem but he/she surely can listen, help and facilitate your appealing process.[DOUBLEPOST=1512252381,1512219839][/DOUBLEPOST]How long does it take to get a review now? Before mid Nov, it normally took one day or two to get reviewed and always monetized again. Mid Nov. I again asked for a review for an OK video but YouTube permanently demonetized it after 4-5 days. They seem extremely sensitive and irrational. Now I understand why people suddenly started deleting their clean and popular videos voluntarily and re-uploading them right away: they were demonetized. It seems it's affecting virtually everyone. Who's safe?

Last edited:
Reactions: ericshift1

jarrettholt2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Had a whatsapp chat with my manager today, he's apparently on holiday (good timing). Below some points from that chat:
- He personally had to notify the policy department which from the channels in his portfolio are kids channels
- Policy is reviewing all channels the managers marked (and more of course)
- Policies are much stricter managed now (yes we noticed.....)
- When reviewing at the policy department, they also review your deleted videos, not only the current status of your channel
- Bad baby and other topics are all automatically flagged due to too much kids unfriendly and misleading stuff in there.
- Big cleanup still going on to get all the bad content/channels marked and reviewed
- Manager can escalate to Policy to review my channel and see if it could be monetized (not in his hands to make a decision on it, he can just put the request in).

My manager requested both my channels for review, lets see if anything comes out of it....
Hey Kids corner! Do you think your manager could request my channel for review as well? Also do you have any information as far as; are they just running an aggressive bot that is taking away monetization on the entire channel right now but will review channels later or is this it...? I have a family friendly channel and im unaware why I was grouped into what they would consider "kids channels."

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Kids corner! Do you think your manager could request my channel for review as well? Also do you have any information as far as; are they just running an aggressive bot that is taking away monetization on the entire channel right now but will review channels later or is this it...? I have a family friendly channel and im unaware why I was grouped into what they would consider "kids channels."
I wouldn't think they would do anything with that, besides, you have +10K subs and you can contact your manager/creator support too.
For sure the AI is very aggressive at the moment and taking stuff offline. Nobody knows what youtube is going to do after they finished checking channels so we just have to wait it out. Just make good content while you wait and pray for the best. Looking briefly at your channel, I would think it's not the most advertiser friendly content judging from the titles and thumbnails. It has also has a lot of subjects that are currently raising all the alarm bells like pregnant, pranks, poop, pencil stuck in the eye. dead baby in pool and other gore that is 100% not family friendly, check the community guidlines what they consider safe. Think about it too if you as a company would want to advertise on your own videos or if you would rather spend your advertiser money elsewhere.

Reactions: RTT

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve seen the video and my wife did some translation on it too. It’s entertaining for us creators of kids channels but not sure how interesting it was for kids.
though.
Yep wouldn't think it would be interesting for kids. On a separate note, I just watched your magic book video, it's great! Had a look at suggestions and found this: youtube.com/watch?v=0jlmijrN6dw Is it stolen and translated to Chinese?? Also noticed comments are disabled on the magic book video - did you do it yourself? And finally, love the book title :)

Reactions: KidsCorner

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Greg Chism has hired public relations expert, Aaron Perlut, to be the official spokesperson for this situation. Chism keeps his assets in a LLC registered and incorporated in Illinois called Frank Media LLC. He used trademark attorney, Annette Heller, to actually trademark "Toy Freaks" where he and his attorney have the audacity to claim that the trademark category is EDUCATION. Mr. Chism and his spokesperson claim they were unaware that their videos were inside the Kids app. Any of us creators know that kid material is viewed 99% of the time on mobile and many viral videos are the result of being in the kids app. This is a blatant lie. Mr. Chism should not get to go quietly in the night and laughing all the way to the bank only to pop back up with a VLOG. He created this nightmare, proliferated it, and caused a lot of irreparable damage. Think of the number of children across the world particularly the United States that have been exposed to Toy Freaks and influenced to behave in a very vile and abhorrent fashion. In the United States, we are living in a very polarized world particularly with race and politics; however I think all people should agree that it is not right to profit and exploit children. I don't care that his kids were acting, were bribed, or wanted to do the videos. The fact remains they were filmed doing abhorrent acts that live on the internet forever. There is no child abuse, child neglect, or child endangerment statute in any state of the United States that would not encompass this activity as being a violation of said statute. I will be contacting Madison County State's Attorney, Tom Gibbons, asking him for an investigation into these acts which at least in the beginning occurred in his jurisdiction.
Mr. Chism's day in court will be coming very soon. Once the jurisdictional issues are resolved, it will be off to the jailhouse.
“I think it is fair to say that we were all alarmed by the bizarre content of the videos,” said Tom Gibbons, Madison County state's attorney." “The father lives somewhere in Missouri and we are not certain who there is [investigating] but have been told it is being looked into.” Chism currently resides in Saint Charles County, Missouri. Both the Saint Charles County Police Department and the Saint Charles County prosecuting attorney’s office told BuzzFeed News that they were not aware of an investigation. A spokesperson for the FBI office in Missouri, citing policy, wouldn’t confirm if an investigation was ongoing.

buzzfeed.com/remysmidt/toy-freaks-youtube?utm_term=.cm55WeqkQz#.ykv2NRQ5Ke

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
More news on the adpocalypse, still not very clear though.

htt ps://youtube.googleblog.c om/2017/12/expanding-our-work-against-abuse-of-our.ht ml

Remove the spaces as I cant post links here
Thanks for this info, interesting reading. To be able to post links just remove http part. So your link would look like: youtube.googleblog.com/2017/12/expanding-our-work-against-abuse-of-our.html

Reactions: KidsCorner

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's happening!

• YouTube plans to raise the prices it charges advertisers on "reserved" inventory starting next month.
  • The move follows of string of mishaps at YouTube in which ads ended up next to questionable content.
  • The price jump seems aimed at capitalizing on increased demand among marketers for "premium" video ad space that's considered safe for big brands to advertise with.

This is YouTube's own version of surge pricing.

The web-video outlet is telling advertisers that prices for some of its top US channels could increase by nearly 20% next year. That's according to people in the advertising industry who work with YouTube, help place ads on websites, or buy inventory for advertisers. YouTube owner Google has notified industry participants of the coming change in writing, these people said, asking not to be identified talking about private information.

YouTube declined to comment.

Source and rest of article: http://www.businessinsider.com/us/youtube-raising-ad-prices-in-2018-even-after-a-brand-safety-complaints-2017-12/

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It's happening!

• YouTube plans to raise the prices it charges advertisers on "reserved" inventory starting next month.
  • The move follows of string of mishaps at YouTube in which ads ended up next to questionable content.
  • The price jump seems aimed at capitalizing on increased demand among marketers for "premium" video ad space that's considered safe for big brands to advertise with.

This is YouTube's own version of surge pricing.

The web-video outlet is telling advertisers that prices for some of its top US channels could increase by nearly 20% next year. That's according to people in the advertising industry who work with YouTube, help place ads on websites, or buy inventory for advertisers. YouTube owner Google has notified industry participants of the coming change in writing, these people said, asking not to be identified talking about private information.

YouTube declined to comment.

Source and rest of article:
I feel like a ton more videos are gonna get demonetized as it gets even stricter, and only the few thats left will get any monetization.

Reactions: chottom

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Wow. Disneycartoys got their channel terminated. I think another one kd their channels too. Kind of makes sense i guess, since they were the original spiderman and elsa. Didnt think their channel was that bad but i havent checked out all their vids.

Reactions: RTT
Status
Not open for further replies.