YouTube is Removing Videos - Are You Affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Secret Youtube codes have been discovered in demonetized videos:
Interesting video and kudos to whoever did all the data analysis of those codes and even found them in the first place. For those of you affected by this, do you have these codes on your videos?

Wow. I don't know whether to be more amazed by the information or by the production value of that guy's channel!
The production value and his delivery are on a different level for sure. He could make videos about any subject at all and make it interesting. Talented guy.

jarrettholt2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone gotten any response? Today, out of the blue randomly the monetization on my channel was disabled, I received no emails, and I am in an endless automated loop of emails with creator support as well as support on twitter. I am feeling very hopeless and demotivated and frustrated. It was already exhausting enough to have to appeal my daily videos, only for them to be manually approved for ads, and now monetization disabled for the entire channel? I have seen other larger creators complain about this issue as well on twitter with no real way of contacting anyone, and I'm sure this is a glitch or bug in the system but I am not receiving any HUMAN help. Please, if there's anything anyone can do to resolve this issue, so I can resume posting it would mean the WORLD.

Attachments

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Has anyone gotten any response? Today, out of the blue randomly the monetization on my channel was disabled, I received no emails, and I am in an endless automated loop of emails with creator support as well as support on twitter. I am feeling very hopeless and demotivated and frustrated. It was already exhausting enough to have to appeal my daily videos, only for them to be manually approved for ads, and now monetization disabled for the entire channel? I have seen other larger creators complain about this issue as well on twitter with no real way of contacting anyone, and I'm sure this is a glitch or bug in the system but I am not receiving any HUMAN help. Please, if there's anything anyone can do to resolve this issue, so I can resume posting it would mean the WORLD.
Sorry to hear that, many of the kids channels on here are in the same boat.
Had a look at your channel thumbnails, several of your videos don't meet the new and updated Community Guidelines (Yt talking, not me!). I suggest you read through this whole thread we address many of the issues.

Right now the consensus is there is a global demonetization status default on new kids content uploads. Yt appears to be working through all channels to identify those not 100% safe (their definition of safe, not ours in many cases). With a few limited exceptions (channels in the 1M+ mark) a very large proportion are either partially or totally demonetized.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Had a whatsapp chat with my manager today, he's apparently on holiday (good timing). Below some points from that chat:
- He personally had to notify the policy department which from the channels in his portfolio are kids channels
- Policy is reviewing all channels the managers marked (and more of course)
- Policies are much stricter managed now (yes we noticed.....)
- When reviewing at the policy department, they also review your deleted videos, not only the current status of your channel
- Bad baby and other topics are all automatically flagged due to too much kids unfriendly and misleading stuff in there.
- Big cleanup still going on to get all the bad content/channels marked and reviewed
- Manager can escalate to Policy to review my channel and see if it could be monetized (not in his hands to make a decision on it, he can just put the request in).

My manager requested both my channels for review, lets see if anything comes out of it....

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
- Manager can escalate to Policy to review my channel and see if it could be monetized (not in his hands to make a decision on it, he can just put the request in).
Can someone verify if these managers work directly for YouTube or through an outsourced company?

Redterrors

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Had a whatsapp chat with my manager today, he's apparently on holiday (good timing). Below some points from that chat:
- He personally had to notify the policy department which from the channels in his portfolio are kids channels
- When reviewing at the policy department, they also review your deleted videos, not only the current status of your channel
- Bad baby and other topics are all automatically flagged due to too much kids unfriendly and misleading stuff in there.
- Big cleanup still going on to get all the bad content/channels marked and reviewed

My manager requested both my channels for review, lets see if anything comes out of it....
I could be totally wrong, but I highly doubt they have any authority on this and are most likely just trying to appease you. The official Youtube channel, "Creator Insider", just posted a video and they refused to comment on the kid channel issue. I think at this point, nobody really knows what is going to happen. I agree with Youtube in the sense that many channels can't just delete all of their offending videos and get a fresh start like nothing happened. If they don't deserve permanent closure, they at least deserve a severe punishment. There are some channels out there like Funnel Vision and DCTC that are unfairly suffering as they make great content that is kid friendly, but then again if you make almost a half million dollars a month and have already made millions, I'm not exactly going to be feeling sorry for you. The kid area is so sensitive, I really see Youtube taking drastic measures here. I tend to think Youtube is going to have to handpick the channels that are allowed in this category. Obviously they can't approve all content due to manpower issues and legal issues with being considered a publisher, but I do see in the future each channel will have to be approved to produce kid content. You can't have 100,000 channels producing kid content and expect to manage it.

Reactions: genp

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can someone verify if these managers work directly for YouTube or through an outsourced company?
Mine works for Youtube, I’ve googled him and over the years he has appeared in numerous talk shows and interviews.[DOUBLEPOST=1512203002,1512202624][/DOUBLEPOST]
I could be totally wrong, but I highly doubt they have any authority on this and are most likely just trying to appease you. The official Youtube channel, "Creator Insider", just posted a video and they refused to comment on the kid channel issue. I think at this point, nobody really knows what is going to happen. I agree with Youtube in the sense that many channels can't just delete all of their offending videos and get a fresh start like nothing happened. If they don't deserve permanent closure, they at least deserve a severe punishment. There are some channels out there like Funnel Vision and DCTC that are unfairly suffering as they make great content that is kid friendly, but then again if you make almost a half million dollars a month and have already made millions, I'm not exactly going to be feeling sorry for you. The kid area is so sensitive, I really see Youtube taking drastic measures here. I tend to think Youtube is going to have to handpick the channels that are allowed in this category. Obviously they can't approve all content due to manpower issues and legal issues with being considered a publisher, but I do see in the future each channel will have to be approved to produce kid content. You can't have 100,000 channels producing kid content and expect to manage it.
Do with it as you want, some people asked if they heard anything and I just shared that. Also read my post again especially the last bullet, he clearly said he has no decision authority, only Policy has.
As a last point, look at Mr Max or Miss Katy, they both have made a lot of content that is now in violation, had so many videos removed (and still lose almost daily), yet they still run ads on many videos. There are exceptions made so it’s not all doom for all Kids channels who made a ton of content in violation.

Last edited:

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
As a last point, look at Mr Max or Miss Katy, they both have made a lot of content that is now in violation, had so many videos removed (and still lose almost daily), yet they still run ads on many videos. There are exceptions made so it’s not all doom for all Kids channels who made a ton of content in violation.
Mr Max recently posted a video about deleted videos. It was funny to watch, very sarcastic. You can ask your wife to translate it for you :)[DOUBLEPOST=1512205828,1512205753][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks a lot for sharing this info! Hope the situation will become more clear soon.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mr Max recently posted a video about deleted videos. It was funny to watch, very sarcastic. You can ask your wife to translate it for you :)[DOUBLEPOST=1512205828,1512205753][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks a lot for sharing this info! Hope the situation will become more clear soon.
Yes, I’ve seen the video and my wife did some translation on it too. It’s entertaining for us creators of kids channels but not sure how interesting it was for kids.
though.

Status
Not open for further replies.