Youtube is only for Guys!

Shyam Sharma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello guys/girls,

I recently heard that there are more internet users in the world who are male compared to female. Do you think that kind of dynamic will change a few things here and there in terms of engaments to different types of videos.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't think this really applies anymore. It might differ per country, but at least in the Western part of the world I don't think there is that much distinction anymore. However, there will always be a distinction in demographics depending on the content you make. We might not like the gender roles that much anymore, but a beauty channel is bound to have more female watchers and a game channel more male wathcers.It is important to know your audience, but I don't think the gender distribution of internet users affects it that much.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Can you cite your sources?

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
all the girls are on instagram lol

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have to agree with Dutchie,
Also, I'm not 100% sure I believe the statement in the first place (that most people who use the internet are male)
even if that were true, I doubt it would have that much impact on channels ect since a lot of the time a channel is either aimed at girls/feminine OR guys/masculine OR everyone, in which case your viewership %'s will be reflected in that.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A recent UN report showed that their were slightly more male internet users, but statistically it was not a significant difference.

Obviously women engage with female orientated channels, and men with blokey ones. No surprises there.

You can't just whitewash all channels as male or female - that's ludicrous.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I though everyone on earth used the internet which would mean 50/50 or near to it. It must be for guys though as channels that have pretty girls talking about nothing seem to be extremely popular. If you know what I mean

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Google has the stats on this. I think I mentioned it in another thread a while ago. It's true that more men use youtube than women. I can't remember the figures but I think it's about a 60% male 40% female split. I don't think there's anything wrong in that either. Just that a lot of women must prefer to engage on other platforms. I mean instagram and Pinterest are female dominated platforms. It is what it is. I mean I think only about 20% of my audience is female. However I've founder a lot of my female subscribers leave longer more in depth comments.