Does Youtube need to seriously work on the Copyright system?

• Nah man too much money and it's just not worth their time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kirikoza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm not sure what it is, but Youtube's been so dramatic and crazy this past month or so. So much has been happening, it feels like a sort of Youtube revolution. What really sparked this conversation to me was when CPgames uploaded a video addressing the issues that Youtube has been facing this last month, since I can't post the URL, here's the title of the video:
YOUTUBE! Underrated/Overrated? (Special)

I wanted to talk with you guys about what's been going on. And there's so much to cover I think we need a place to log everything happening in the Youtube sphere here in the beginning of 2016.
So let's start with the big one: Youtube's copyright system and algorithm. This has always been a problem, Youtube cannot seem to get any of their s**t straight. This last month so many small Youtubers (usually under 1M subs) have been fighting tooth and nail against false claims and Youtube's inability to tell the difference between fair use and a violation of fair use. Not only that, but the horrible conditions of trying to appeal this, where these people are being forced to talk to machines to get this fixed. Here are just a few of the incidents -

I HATE EVERYTHING's Youtube channel being taken down for violations of fair use, and being flagged, no reason given, nor an apology OR human response.

Nostalgia Critic AKA Doug Walker, owner of Channel Awesome posts a video about him not being able to monetize on Youtube for the last 23 days, a day after that video, suddenly monetization is back.

AlternateHistoryHub (a personal fav of mine) unable to monetize for no known reason.

GradeAUnderA video age restricted for unsubstantial reasoning

Youtuber (I don't remember his username, so if someone could remind meeeee) had videos taken down that were SCHEDULED to be uploaded, not even uploaded yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now in the Youtube drama over this last month or so, a LOT has happened, here are some incidents there:

DramaAlert channel uploads a video tagging an old man as a pedophile that began streaming on Twitch, turns out they got the wrong guy.

Huge backlash against React channels such as Jinx and CJ for basically stealing content

Big prank channels being taken down or exposed as fake, people also backlash against the stupid s**t being done in prank channels and GradeAUnderA exposing them

Big Youtuber Matthew Santoro accidentally uploads a video about being abused by Nicole Arbour, who posted a video in response basically calling Nicole a liar. Again, exposed by GradeAUnderA

FaZe member ODs on Aderall, currently in recovery and rehab.

More crazy s**t with Bashurverse, most of it you can find on the DramaAlert channel

Total Biscuit leaves other forms of social media as he feels it's playing a negative affect in his fight against cancer

Multiple Youtubers are now being exposed as pedophiles including LionMaker and Yamimash

Fine Bros. release a video stating that they will be copyrighting react videos as a format, met with a LOOOOTTT of hate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other controversies to add, please do so, we need to remember that January of 2016 has been INSANE for Youtube.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Well January has not been insane to me, at least not for this month. I just wanted to share that I had Youtube account which I used to monetized, but the adsense was disabled due to some invalid click activity (which they did RIGHT). But it was my first time and I did not know that it will result in BAN from adsense forever lol. Now I am aware of the rules, so I will be monetizing with other network and I will be careful. YouTube can get insane anytime.

RyanH

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
It has been an interesting month. Lots more people talking about the technical side of YouTube.

YouTube's copyright system is incredible. It is not broken in the way many are saying. It still baffles me why so many creators complain about copyright claims that they think are false (when in fact most of the time they are legitimate claims, they just don't understand the legalities of how copyright works) without disputing or trying to resolve them in any way. It's not perfect, but it works very, very well for the sheer amount of content on YouTube.

I do think that their algorithms they use to disable monetization and issue community guidelines strikes need to be improved. They don't even have competent staff reading the appeal forms, I have received a few guidelines strikes which were both invalid, and my initial appeals are always denied -- very quickly. I've had to contact partner support to get them resolved.

Reactions: Gaijillionaire
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is, but Youtube's been so dramatic and crazy this past month or so. So much has been happening, it feels like a sort of Youtube revolution. What really sparked this conversation to me was when CPgames uploaded a video addressing the issues that Youtube has been facing this last month, since I can't post the URL, here's the title of the video:
YOUTUBE! Underrated/Overrated? (Special)

I wanted to talk with you guys about what's been going on. And there's so much to cover I think we need a place to log everything happening in the Youtube sphere here in the beginning of 2016.
So let's start with the big one: Youtube's copyright system and algorithm. This has always been a problem, Youtube cannot seem to get any of their s**t straight. This last month so many small Youtubers (usually under 1M subs) have been fighting tooth and nail against false claims and Youtube's inability to tell the difference between fair use and a violation of fair use. Not only that, but the horrible conditions of trying to appeal this, where these people are being forced to talk to machines to get this fixed. Here are just a few of the incidents -

I HATE EVERYTHING's Youtube channel being taken down for violations of fair use, and being flagged, no reason given, nor an apology OR human response.

Nostalgia Critic AKA Doug Walker, owner of Channel Awesome posts a video about him not being able to monetize on Youtube for the last 23 days, a day after that video, suddenly monetization is back.

AlternateHistoryHub (a personal fav of mine) unable to monetize for no known reason.

GradeAUnderA video age restricted for unsubstantial reasoning

Youtuber (I don't remember his username, so if someone could remind meeeee) had videos taken down that were SCHEDULED to be uploaded, not even uploaded yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now in the Youtube drama over this last month or so, a LOT has happened, here are some incidents there:

DramaAlert channel uploads a video tagging an old man as a pedophile that began streaming on Twitch, turns out they got the wrong guy.

Huge backlash against React channels such as Jinx and CJ for basically stealing content

Big prank channels being taken down or exposed as fake, people also backlash against the stupid s**t being done in prank channels and GradeAUnderA exposing them

Big Youtuber Matthew Santoro accidentally uploads a video about being abused by Nicole Arbour, who posted a video in response basically calling Nicole a liar. Again, exposed by GradeAUnderA

FaZe member ODs on Aderall, currently in recovery and rehab.

More crazy s**t with Bashurverse, most of it you can find on the DramaAlert channel

Total Biscuit leaves other forms of social media as he feels it's playing a negative affect in his fight against cancer

Multiple Youtubers are now being exposed as pedophiles including LionMaker and Yamimash

Fine Bros. release a video stating that they will be copyrighting react videos as a format, met with a LOOOOTTT of hate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other controversies to add, please do so, we need to remember that January of 2016 has been INSANE for Youtube.
Ive been working so hard to prove Yami's innocence! im fighting for him every damn day cause of all the lies and negativity going around about him i have a theory showing that Mark and the others never ditched Yami and that Yami isnt a Ped0 bt nobody cares to listen nor give a damn, i wish Yami cold see how much im fighting for him