Youtube is facilitating the sexual exploitation of children, and it's being monetized

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
( Preface - I hesitated a lot before making this thread. I very nearly didn't create the thread but I was so shocked by what is going on that I feel it's important to not sweep this under the carpet. As YouTube creators, I feel we have a responsibility to express our anger at this sort of thing and do everything we can to ensure YouTube takes the necessary action to stop this from happening.)

Below is a video highlighting how YouTube's algorithm is supporting and even encouraging pedophiles to upload videos of children for their own sick pleasure.

I just want to make it clear that the original videos were probably mostly filmed and uploaded by parents with absolutely no bad intentions. The children are just being children. The original videos themselves and their context seem inncocent enough. HOWEVER - They seem to have been stolen and reuploaded by pedophiles who get some sick pleasure from them. Their intentions can be seen in the comments section.

The video below shows the result of an investigation. It shows how the algorithm is suggesting video after video of these reuploaded videos within just 5 clicks of new activity of a new YouTube account with zero previous view history:

(WARNING - Some may find the content disturbing. There is also a bit of strong language in places. NSFW and not suitable for children)
From the description of the video:

_____
Over the past 48 hours I have discovered a wormhole into a soft-core pedophilia ring on Youtube. Youtube’s recommended algorithm is facilitating pedophiles’ ability to connect with each-other, trade contact info, and link to actual CP in the comments. I can consistently get access to it from vanilla, never-before-used Youtube accounts via innocuous videos in less than ten minutes, in sometimes less than five clicks.. Additionally, I have video evidence that these videos are being monetized by Youtube, brands like McDonald’s, Lysol, Disney, Reese’s, and more. This loophole is wrong, something needs to be done. Its's being monetized. CP is being traded as well as social media and WhatsApp addresses. Youtube is facilitating this problem. It doesn't matter that they flag videos and turn off the comments, these videos are still being monetized, and more importantly they are still available for users to watch.
____

Last edited:
That’s disgusting!! I just recently seen a very disturbing video on Facebook of two kids and the person that was filming was was laughing as she was recording it, that made me so upset. Even though the kids didn’t understand what they was doing the adults needed to stop it from happening instead of filming it and uploading it to Facebook for sickos to watch.

There isnt anything illegal here, just youtube bad at enforcing comments. This is the same example people use with steam, they blame Valve but no one at the company will do anything.

It is terrible that the problem is so prevalent. Here's the comment I posted:

I am glad that you are bringing this to light but it seems like you have a vendetta. Actually, you admitted that you "want YouTube to pay". You are concerned that content creators will be harmed again but yet, you want this blasted to the media, to advertisers. Yes, YouTube can do better. Parents should also be monitoring their kid's electronic devices and accounts.

Sex(y) sell.

Youtube knows.

Can be justified or not blame Youtube?

Good to go, let's earn some money.

(That simple..)

:/

Update:

The post by Watson sparked a series of news reports, and according to some media, boycotts of YouTube ads from major firms including Nestle and Disney.

AT&T, which owns the WarnerMedia entertainment unit, confirmed it was pulling its ads from the service.

"Until Google can protect our brand from offensive content of any kind, we are removing all advertising from YouTube," AT&T said in a statement to AFP.

Epic Games, known for its popular online game Fortnite, said it was suspending ads on YouTube following the news.

"We have paused all pre-roll advertising" on YouTube, a company spokesman said.

"Through our advertising agency, we have reached out to Google/YouTube to determine actions they'll take to eliminate this type of content from their service."

The glitch appeared to allow some users to circumvent bans on child p**n by Google and other internet platforms.

The incident raised fears of a fresh "brand safety" crisis for YouTube, which lost advertisers last year following revelations that messages appeared on channels promoting conspiracy theories, white nationalism and other objectionable content.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/a...-fix-YouTube-glitch-exploited-child-p**n.html

I'm not surprised at all that this has resulted in another ad boycott - The advertisers had very little choice really but I do feel frustrated that everyone gets punished for the behaviour of a minority of perverts. *sigh*

What's worse, is that the non-offensive parents who did the original postings will most likely be punished too. The upshot of this one is most likely to be that no content involving actual children will be allowed at all under new rules yet to be determined; and a lot of parents will have channels dedicated to a completely innocent-intention display of children and their cuteness/talents, terminated by YouTube.

If any of the affected channel owners are also broadcast media newsreaders, this may well spark a backlash against the brands who began this new "ad-pocalype".

A domino-effect, "boycott for a boycott"...

Last edited:
Back