Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got an email today about creating change by talking about topics like hate speech and politics in future videos to help spread a positive message. I’m a little confused I thought it was against YouTube policy to make videos on sensitive topics and when ever someone makes these types of videos they end up getting demonetized because companies don’t want to advertise on these type of topics. I wonder if they will stop demontizing these types of videos and how will advertisers feel about it. I think it’s good that YouTube wants to spread a positive message, I just hope YouTubers don’t end up getting false community strikes and getting every video demonetized over it.

I personally don’t like to talk about anything controversial on my channel and the only tough subjects I talk about are bullying and how I had to deal with it every day, I make those videos to help people who are going through the same thing I did and try to shine a positive light on negative situations. FF1C156A-217D-4A29-A5D3-E37FA001848D.png

Last edited:

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I am weirdo... all those "tough" fights and subjects are personal. I believe that through talking you can only expose a problem not to solve it or inspire others.
Of course there are gifted people that with their speech convince people but I don't really beleive that those people are Youtubers.
So when thinking of Youtube my guess is: "let get some revenue from sensitive subjects...".
No Youtube is not changing, It is a large company experimenting with ways to get more of what they sell.
Xenophobia, extremism and hate speeches are not controversial. they are everyday subjects in many countries I think...

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am weirdo... all those "tough" fights and subjects are personal. I believe that through talking you can only expose a problem not to solve it or inspire others.
Of course there are gifted people that with their speech convince people but I don't really beleive that those people are Youtubers.
So when thinking of Youtube my guess is: "let get some revenue from sensitive subjects...".
No Youtube is not changing, It is a large company experimenting with ways to get more of what they sell.
Xenophobia, extremism and hate speeches are not controversial. they are everyday subjects in many countries I think...
I know but I thought YouTube didn’t want people to talk about these subjects so I was little confused when I got this email

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think this article is related?

socialblade.com/blog/youtube-invest-5-million-47-creators-for-change/

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
More political correctness from YouTube. It's like they want to wrap us up in cotton wool and pretend the world is all sunshine and rainbows.

This sounds like another attempt at their "Creators for change" program that they launched in 2016 but never really happened. This program was only launched AFTER the advertising boycott so sorry if I'm very cynical about the true motives behind this.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know but I thought YouTube didn’t want people to talk about these subjects so I was little confused when I got this email
Of course not, that's why they demonetize topics that don't fall in line with their ideology. That's why their "panel" is made up of people with the same political lean they have. You don't think the playing field is level, do you?

Reactions: Crown