YouTube Growth and Motivation

Nadrax

Reaction score
I have been doing YouTube for one year on and off on various channels with various topics, etc. I have 3,000 subscribers on one of my channels, 1,000 on another, and 200 on another. I have tens of thousands of views. I felt on top of the world for a while, I was motivated and had so many reasons to have a YouTube channel and continue to upload.

However, this all changed. The YouTube community changed. It started to feel like a warzone, not a a community. I come on YouTube, make videos, etc, to be apart of a community. But now, I don't feel like uploading. I think to myself, "What's the point."
I am not one to even consider numbers, however I'll spend hours upon hours editing a video, making sure it is perfect, and I'll upload it hoping for the chance of it to actually get a decent amount of attraction towards it.

However, it never goes this way. There are huge YouTubers who have personal editors, and money to get people to record, and do so much for them. They end up working for about 1 hour, at the most recording it, they send it, they get people to edit their videos for them. They upload the video and get millions of views.

I have literally no motivation to continue YouTube because of stuff like this. I spend hours editing, and get no attraction, when there are millions of people who will watch a YouTuber who clickbaits, and spends no time working on their videos. It sucks.

any smaller youtubers who want to connect, motivate eachother, chat, etc hmu

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it's normal to feel that way. maybe you just hit a rough patch and need to take a small break possibly.

also, of course people who make videos want people to see the videos, but if you're so focused on the view count and not enjoying the process and getting jaded, you may be doing Youtube for the wrong reasons. I totally get you're frustrated but don't let that dictate how you edit videos etc.

Nadrax

Reaction score
I completely agree with you, but it is a nice thing to be rewarded for your work, or at least that is how my mindset is set up at the moment.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This isn't really a milestone, so I've moved this to the YouTube collaboration discussion forum. ^_^

JBR27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Completely understandable. I had an old channel that I uploaded too ages ago and averaged about 100 odd views per video but was lucky enough to get a video which has about 70k views now and one with around 10-20k (haven't looked in a while).

Now I just do it for some fun and to show off what I get up too. Those big YouTubers put in the work early now its easy for them but I guess we just gotta stick at it and work together. Its hard but you just gotta forget the negativity and find the positive aspects to what we do and strive off that :)

Reactions: UhoohExtra

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
but it is a nice thing to be rewarded for your work
Yes it is always nice to be rewarded for your work but you got to remember why you started in the first place. If you enjoy making videos there should be no problemcause you like what you are doing:) I think we all run into this issue from time to time and it has been said 100 times before. When you get there you got to remember why you started YT in the first place:) Happy new year and best of luck with your channels

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
hmm i agree.. some of the big youtubers make the worst kind of rubbish.. like their morning routine. Who needs to know how they brush their teeth or which foot they take of of bed first? Its a blatant exercise in fishing for views while offering zero value to the viewer which is rewarded anyway by youtube. I guess the youtoobs peeps will have to mix it up a bit now and again to prevent this otherwise their site will become stagnant?

LIVEst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
Don't give up, enjoy the process of filming and production. The world is not always fair, but I'm sure you got many friends from the time you're on YT. Happy New Year!

Reactions: Farley Productions

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It's easy to feel discouraged when comparing or even looking at those giant Youtubers. Most of the ones I watch have spent 2+ years in building their audience and some have been around since the dawn of Youtube (AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, etc.) They have close friends and employees who share that dream of wanting to build and grow their Youtube channel and production company.

I recommend possibly taking a break because it seems you've come a long way within a year. And it'd be sad to throw that all away. But while working on your channel might I recommend to work on building a team of people (who understand it's for fun and for free in the beginning) to help build your channel. It's how I get some new faces in my projects from time to time and eventually find one or two who will stick around.

But either way as long as you have fun making content then that's what ultimately matters in the end. Reaching out to an audience is a huge struggle in the beginning for who knows how long. Don't give up. =]

East To West Vlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I have been doing YouTube for one year on and off on various channels with various topics, etc. I have 3,000 subscribers on one of my channels, 1,000 on another, and 200 on another. I have tens of thousands of views. I felt on top of the world for a while, I was motivated and had so many reasons to have a YouTube channel and continue to upload.

However, this all changed. The YouTube community changed. It started to feel like a warzone, not a a community. I come on YouTube, make videos, etc, to be apart of a community. But now, I don't feel like uploading. I think to myself, "What's the point."
I am not one to even consider numbers, however I'll spend hours upon hours editing a video, making sure it is perfect, and I'll upload it hoping for the chance of it to actually get a decent amount of attraction towards it.

However, it never goes this way. There are huge YouTubers who have personal editors, and money to get people to record, and do so much for them. They end up working for about 1 hour, at the most recording it, they send it, they get people to edit their videos for them. They upload the video and get millions of views.

I have literally no motivation to continue YouTube because of stuff like this. I spend hours editing, and get no attraction, when there are millions of people who will watch a YouTuber who clickbaits, and spends no time working on their videos. It sucks.

any smaller youtubers who want to connect, motivate eachother, chat, etc hmu
I know exactly how you feel, and I honestly know how it feels to hit this kind of low! If you want, let's connect and talk about it. I think I have a few ideas which might help.

A.