[YouTube Gossip] To anyone that has been unwillingly subscribed to the channel "lOOK AT THIS"

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
YouTube is doing an investigation into the channel "lOOK AT THIS" and is looking for some information. It is a new channel with two uploads and over half a million subscribers gained so far today. I will pass the replies along unless they happen to read the replies here first.

If you've been unwillingly subscribed to this channel, could you please provide some debugging information?

• What browser and OS are you using?
  • What extensions (if any) do you have installed? (Please check the list, in case there are any that you didn't intentionally install.)
  • Please open a video (any video), right click the player, click "Copy debug info", and paste it in for me.
Update for those who are curious. The channel finally stopped gaining ~50 subs a second once it capped off at around 602,000 subs gained for the day and now it is slowly losing subs

Last edited:
Reactions: chottom

AndyGamezYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Now that channel is stuck at around 656,463 subs. Not losing or gaining.

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know a channel which started to gain between 600 and 2000 subs a day with only around 2.5 k views per day. And this kept going on for around 2 months until it reached above 100 k subs (in total 60-70 k new subs gained out of the blue). Than it suddenly stopped gaining and started to lose subs (but not at the same paste).
In anyway - something very fishy is going on around YT recently. I hope YT police/engineers can fixes it soon.

PS. For me at least it looks like somebody finally succeeded to hack into YT/Google servers and this exploit most probably was already around for a number of months.

Last edited:

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know a channel which started to gain between 600 and 2000 subs a day with only around 2.5 k views per day. And this kept going on for around 2 months until it reached above 100 k subs (in total 60-70 k new subs gained out of the blue). Than it suddenly stopped gaining and started to lose subs (but not at the same paste).
In anyway - something very fishy is going on around YT recently. I hope YT police/engineers can fixes it soon.

PS. For me at least it looks like somebody finally succeeded to hack into YT/Google servers and this exploit most probably was already around for a number of months.
Based on some of the comments the rumor is that they run a popular YouTube to MP3 website that was automatically unwillingly subscribing people to their YouTube channel when used. I don't know how true that is but it would explain how they could gain ~600,000+ subs in one day with only a few thousand views and such little engagement.

Reactions: chottom