YouTube Glitch or something more sinister?!

Tiggaknock

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed when looking at their YouTube history, it shows videos you never actually watched? Sometimes I scroll over thumbnails just to see the small clip it plays for a particular video. Yesterday I was looking for documentaries and a lot of the ones I simply scrolled over shows it played a few minutes of the video. One actually shows I watched the entire 2 hour video which I didn't even click on. What is going on?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Has anyone else noticed when looking at their YouTube history, it shows videos you never actually watched? Sometimes I scroll over thumbnails just to see the small clip it plays for a particular video. Yesterday I was looking for documentaries and a lot of the ones I simply scrolled over shows it played a few minutes of the video. One actually shows I watched the entire 2 hour video which I didn't even click on. What is going on?

Hi

I've just had a quick look at my history ( https://www.youtube.com/feed/history )and everything in there is stuff I have watched. No exceptions.

Are you looking at the history feed when logged on? If not, you need to be logged on for that to work and show you stuff YOU have watched. If yes, you are logged on, then the only explanation is that someone else has used your device to watch videos while you're logged on.

Tiggaknock

Reaction score
The only other place I'm logged on is my TV at home, but I rarely open YouTube. I just found it odd that every video I scrolled over but didn't actually click said I watched them.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The only other place I'm logged on is my TV at home, but I rarely open YouTube. I just found it odd that every video I scrolled over but didn't actually click said I watched them.

Do other people in your home use that TV? If so, it sounds like they're watching Youtube on it. :)