youtube gave me a strike for no reason?

magentawitch

Reaction score
I posted a video just like this but only I was recording it. It was a hawk catching a snake behind my house. Youtube gave me violations of violent content strikes. They kept the strike up passed its deadline. They took the strike down and then put it back up? Is something going wrong with youtube they make mistakes like this? I huge against animal cruelty which youtube allows but they just get mixed up like this often?

the video was like this just a normal hawk hunting a snake i am a huge bird watcher.

magentawitch

Reaction score
that is not my video the above is just example of what i recorded then they rejectd the appeal???

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / claims / strikes / legal forum. :)

That does seem like a very harsh decision. It's usually because it's driven by an algorithm and not human beings so consequently context isn't taken into account.

magentawitch

Reaction score
the expiry date passed i will post it up. IT could be my video title said falconry. Because at that time i was learning how to fly birds for zoo demos. But then i googled on youtube a thousand falconry videos pop up including a really disturbing one of a falcon killing a bagged goose. They kept stopping the camera because the goose was going to turn the tables and kill the falcon. They would stop the camera and help the falcon kill it. It was such a sick video and not taken down. But it is so stupid because the HAWK WAS WILD. it was not violent even. it was so far away you cant see blood or anything you can't hear anything. IT did catch a really big snake but all you see is some swinging around and its over. Even little kids could watch it. Nothing like the lions killing zebra. I called them and the lady said it was probably done by a youtube bot but she does not know why it is sticking there passed the expiry date.

magentawitch

Reaction score
so the video i caught was no where near as graphic as the one i just posted because you cant see really what was going on.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
welcome to the wonderful world of Google ran Youtube. this has been going on for the past few years and getting even worse. it's censorship to the fullest. either you abide by their dumb rules or they'll threaten you by having your channel hit with strikes.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Moved to the copyright / claims / strikes / legal forum. :)

That does seem like a very harsh decision. It's usually because it's driven by an algorithm and not human beings so consequently context isn't taken into account.
aren’t strikes manual? Pretty sure a strike can’t be an algorithm.

xpdeus

Reaction score
Youtube algorithm sucks. Mistakes happen