YouTube-friendly livestreaming software that supports playlists?

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Hi all,

I'm very new to livestreaming so apologies in advance if I've missed something obvious or failed to find an existing thread in my searches. I hope I have the terminology correct, here.

What I'm trying to do is create a marathon livestream that supports both live video recordings and auto-playing of multiple pre-recorded videos in a playlist.

IE, I could turn on a camera at any time and go live, but I also don't have to babysit the stream if I'm away for a couple hours. During the periods when I'm not actually live, the stream would be playing original pre-recorded content. I know programs like Wirecast Live let you put video clips into your stream, and even set them to loop infinitely, but I can't find a way to have one pre-recorded clip automatically advance to another without someone being at the controls. I could just put a long single video file in and make it remember the live in/out points, but that would make it very clunky to add new clips on the fly. For this project, I'm looking to actually be editing and uploading pre-recorded clips DURING (but separate) to the live video file, and share those with the live audience, but it will require me to turn my attention away for longer than any individual video clip.

So, long story short, any free/cheap livestream programs that are YT compatible that support playlists of pre-recorded videos?

Ideally, there would also be a 'shuffle' or 'randomize' option that would go through multiple clips in a random sequence.

Thanks for any help!

Vax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally have used the program called GameShow, it should be roughly $20 but their website has lots of tutorials that make it extremely easy to learn how to use their program. Just my opinion tho

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Thanks Vax, I'll check that out.

Reactions: Vax

SmokeySpace

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
OBS is good, I’m not sure if that is why you are looking for, but you can set up a YouTube playlist or Spotify on your computer and then make a window capture in OBS for your music and it will add it to the stream

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Oh yeah, that would work I guess, as long as my computer wasn't bogged down which ideally it wouldn't be anyways if I was livestreaming.