YouTube Formula?

MrGuyAwesome

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know this is in chillout but it's not advice it's not gossip I suppose and it's not strategy so I didn't know where to put it :D

If you look at all the hugely successful Youtubers on YouTube you start to notice a trend, for example: bullied in school, shy, not confident unless behind a mic, not very outspoken, often fought against depression and no real clue what they want to do in life.

So I'm thinking if maybe thats the YouTube formula? That somehow living life like this makes you relatable to people maybe and thus subscribable?

Now obviously I don't want to use this as an excuse for my own shortcoming in content creation and why my Undead is a low number, I just wanna provoke intelligent debate :D

MrGuyAwesome

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Hmmm I dunno.. SMOSH does seem very introverted neither does the Pie guy and nor is Ray William and they have all been the number 1 Youtuber at some point.. I think the Real formula is if you started a Channel when Youtube first began and didn't stop...

MrGuyAwesome

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know about Ian but Anthony from Smosh and Felix are both very introverted, they just blossom behind a camera!

MrGuyAwesome

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wasn't really asking for advice Pentra as I believe I do make content like that :tongue:

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Personally every time I see a video about Bullying and how it needs to stop I just want to punch that person.. is that wrong?

MrGuyAwesome

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wasn't answering a question or giving advice, I was giving an opinion.
Oh I see! When you wrote 'mean by subscribable' I just assumed sorry! So you don't believe there is any bias in channel growth?

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Oh I see! When you wrote 'mean by subscribable' I just assumed sorry! So you don't believe there is any bias in channel growth?
Never assume because well it does something I can't recall but its a fun saying cause you basically get to call someone an a**.

Reactions: MrGuyAwesome

MrGuyAwesome

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Never assume because well it does something I can't recall but its a fun saying cause you basically get to call someone an a**.
I like to say it makes an a** out of u

and just skip the me :p