YouTube for a living

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's all about the views.

High views = high ad revenue.
Channels with high views get offers from companies for sponsorhip and free products.
Channels with high views will get more revenue from affiliate sales when they recommend a product.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Fully agree with you, the occasional luck happens much more rarely I think than people think, most successful channels work hard and create their own "luck" by doing things right.

On the Patreon, I'm surprised to see the revenue compared to adsense, can you share a few thoughts on how you setup your Patreon?
yup, i think people use luck as an excuse why their channel does not have a million subs, when in reality it might be 100 other reasons.

i did my patreon VERY different to most people. i decided that i didn't want to exclude anyone that could not afford to donate or just didn't want too. all new patrons get a thank you in one of my videos. if you donate $5 or more you go into my end credits (its like a movie credits) and nothing else. no exclusive content. no early content, nothing. i think people really appreciate that

Reactions: KidsCorner

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yup, i think people use luck as an excuse why their channel does not have a million subs, when in reality it might be 100 other reasons.

i did my patreon VERY different to most people. i decided that i didn't want to exclude anyone that could not afford to donate or just didn't want too. all new patrons get a thank you in one of my videos. if you donate $5 or more you go into my end credits (its like a movie credits) and nothing else. no exclusive content. no early content, nothing. i think people really appreciate that
Thanks for sharing your strategy. I have not had much experience with Patreon - do people discover you and your content via Patreon itself, or is it people from Yt going over there and supporting you mainly? Can you build an audience on Patreon as of itself, independent of Yt?

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for sharing your strategy. I have not had much experience with Patreon - do people discover you and your content via Patreon itself, or is it people from Yt going over there and supporting you mainly? Can you build an audience on Patreon as of itself, independent of Yt?
its pretty much all through youtube, especially as i don't really offer any exclusive content, its purely for people who want to support what i am doing. patreon is not really a discovery platform

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Loki Doki