YouTube for a living

YouTube has the same. It's called SuperChat. You must have at least 1000 subscribers though.
Dang i didn't even know that. Is there a time limit on how long you can go live for ? or can you stay on for like 24 hours or more?

Dang i didn't even know that. Is there a time limit on how long you can go live for ? or can you stay on for like 24 hours or more?
You can stream as long as you want to. There is no limit. But only 8 hours of your stream will be archived in YouTube video for further viewing.

I also checked out Twitch and I found YouTube to be much much better even in this aspect - streaming. Even if Twitch was created for the sole purpose of gaming streams, YouTube still has the better solution that works more conviently for me.

You can stream as long as you want to. There is no limit. But only 8 hours of your stream will be archived in YouTube video for further viewing.

I also checked out Twitch and I found YouTube to be much much better even in this aspect - streaming. Even if Twitch was created for the sole purpose of gaming streams, YouTube still has the better solution that works more conviently for me.
Yea youtube seems to always stay on top of the competition . And recently there was this famous twitch streamer that got banned from twitch because to many people kept SWATing him. and He moved to youtube and I'm pretty sure he will be live streaming lol. But on twitter he seems happy about it so that's good

I'm a small youtuber with aspirations to grow into a big one and expand to different channel and all that good jazz. However I'm curious as to how do youtuber with 100 thousand plus subscribers and thousands of views are living off of their channel alone? Is there a certain mark you hit to ensure you can live off it? Cause I watch some vloggers my age living on their own with of course no traditional job living life I assume off of YouTube.

Well what can I say, there are youtubers with 100k or more subscribers, but it's not gonna be you, I just checked some of your videos and they are total (sorry for being honest about it) crap.

And answering your question they are living of affiliate marketing, branded deals and probably ad-sense which is smaller side of their income usually. Anyways you could google that, this question was answered million times, you probably could do that by smoking less weed, which is killing your brain cells (apparently already killed them all ;) )

Again this is not meant to offend anyone in any matter, this is just my honest opinion. Peace!

I'm a small youtuber with aspirations to grow into a big one and expand to different channel and all that good jazz. However I'm curious as to how do youtuber with 100 thousand plus subscribers and thousands of views are living off of their channel alone? Is there a certain mark you hit to ensure you can live off it? Cause I watch some vloggers my age living on their own with of course no traditional job living life I assume off of YouTube.

Everyone has those aspirations, but only a fraction of the YouTubers out there can truly live off their content. In order to make minimum wage based on a $1.00 cpm ("pay" per 1000 views) on YouTube you have to do 42K views a day, 290K a week or 1.25M a month. I barely hit the day value in a month so it is clearly not for me. And that fluctuates. People can make way less, or way more depending on the CPM they are getting. You can't count on an income, so it's pretty darn hard to live off it unless you are way up there in views.

It depends a lot on traffic stability.
Traffic can fluctuate wildly, and dropping 90% from a Christmas, summer, or viral video hit happens often.
Plus add in any systemic and viewer behavior changes, which adds a low-to-medium amount of uncertainty.
So in addition to making a minimum amount of income per month, one has to consider if the channel can maintain those traffic levels going forward, and the efforts required to operate at such high output levels.
Only a tiny fraction of channels can maintain stable, long term income.
But many channels can certainly supplement their main income to the tune of a few thousand $ per month.
In the kids vertical, it is not that hard to get 1-3M views/month across a channel, which equates to a healthy $2-$5k/month.
Certainly enough to cover rent and bills.

I would love to. It took me a while to build up to the current stats I'm at. And as decent as it is for a somewhat smaller channel with the ad changes I now made about 97% less then I typically do this month. Which wasn't much to begin with. I use to make a little with Tad. But now they require 25 supporters per week so it's been months since I cashed out there. And I make a decent amount via patreon each month. It would be nice to even get to the point to afford things like better equipment for my channel and what have you.

Yeah, Youtube is like the door, but they get money from merchandising, patreon, twitch, sponsorship, the actual videos are only a percentage. They literally turn their online persona into a brand. It's way more than just making a bunch of videos.

There's a lot of ways that YouTubers with 100,000+ subscribers could be making a living.

1. They have other forms of social media, whether it be another YouTube channel that they post on and have monetized or they found out how to monetize their social media accounts.
2. They sell merchandise to try to make more money.
3. They may have had a video go viral which gave them a lot of fame.

There isn't really a set point where you start making enough money to support yourself from a YouTube channel. It happens at a different time for different people.

Back