Youtube donations?

Do Youtubers use donations for future videos?

• NO, they spend it on Junk!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes they use it buy materials for future Videos.

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

Vbstein

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Guys,

This might be a bit of strange thing to talk about however what’s up with youtubers asking for donations to grow their channel? Does anyone else think that this just plain wrong and borderline begging? As I can almost be certain that 98% of all donations don’t go on future videos.

I think donations for charities is wonderful thing and if they are accepting donations for that then good on them but keeping the money for them self.

What do you guys think?

thanks

Vic (Vbstein)

Reactions: Crown

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Doing YouTube is a very costly hobby. I don't know about others but I personally will use the money I get(if I do) to invest in my future videos :)

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I wouldn´t ask for donations though, for some reason I like to work for my own money!

Reactions: Crown

Vbstein

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldn´t ask for donations though, for some reason I like to work for my own money!
Agreed[DOUBLEPOST=1474456527,1474456461][/DOUBLEPOST]
Doing YouTube is a very costly hobby. I don't know about others but I personally will use the money I get(if I do) to invest in my future videos :)
What would you buy?

Reactions: TheSwedishTraveler

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I mean, its not really begging if its up to you if you want to donate or not. If they start holding off content until viewers pay for it, when they have no good reason to, then that's a bit much.
(good reasons include upping content quality, bringing something new to the table, more content, broken equipment etc.)
I can see why people aren't happy when the YouTuber themselves have more than enough earnings to fund themselves,
I wouldn't ask people to get me a cintiq, because I can do with a cheap bamboo, and if I want something I can save up for it.

Vbstein

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean, its not really begging if its up to you if you want to donate or not. If they start holding off content until viewers pay for it, when they have no good reason to, then that's a bit much.
(good reasons include upping content quality, bringing something new to the table, more content, broken equipment etc.)
I can see why people aren't happy when the YouTuber themselves have more than enough earnings to fund themselves,
I wouldn't ask people to get me a cintiq, because I can do with a cheap bamboo, and if I want something I can save up for it.
I will give you an example: a youtuber called mcjuggernuggets pretended to need money to move out of his parents house, then kids starting to send him cash for this. Turns out it was all fake.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I will give you an example: a youtuber called mcjuggernuggets pretended to need money to move out of his parents house, then kids starting to send him cash for this. Turns out it was all fake.
well that's just illegal I'm pretty sure. :/ reminds me of that twitch streamer that pretended to be disabled, and took money for a wheelchair and more.
plain wrong.

Vbstein

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well that's just illegal I'm pretty sure. :/ reminds me of that twitch streamer that pretended to be disabled, and took money for a wheelchair and more.
plain wrong.
Oh yeah I remember that, I just started laughing when I saw that. Just saw some of your vids, they look amazing.

Reactions: Lightsen

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
A fool and his money are soon parted. That said, if someone gave me $1 I'd take it. It would go to travel, which is my biggest expense by far

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Oh yeah I remember that, I just started laughing when I saw that. Just saw some of your vids, they look amazing.
yeah it was funny hoe his girlfriend tried to cover it up badly on stream.

thank you! :)