YouTube! Don’t sell yourself short

TheClayWay

Reaction score
No matter how big or how small your channel is , do not sell yourself short!!!

When I had a a small 6000 subscriber base I started trying to sell advertising on my channel. (it taught me that the media drives companies and individuals to think that subscribers are the most important thing. Even at that time I was getting 250,000 views a month consistently. (Unfortunately never having any viral videos ) So I sold from that angle. And when potential sponsors asked me how many subscribers I had . I would just tell them and move right along because I knew where their brains were. I would then reinforce data from Social Blade to show how my channel is better than most. In my demographic. I was able to show them several channels that had 70 or 80,000 subscribers that had nowhere near the views that I had.

Something you should know about YouTube no matter how big or small your channel is 93% of people that see you using something in your channel that are interested in that product will search it out and 62% of them will purchase it!!!

that’s important for you to know because that means if you use a product in your video that cost $200 and your video gets 55,000 views than likely 25,000 to 30,000 of them people that are interested in that item especially if it’s the basis of your video will go out and purchase that item because they seen you use it and that will equate to 5 to $6 million in retail sales for that supplier of that product. Keep this in mind that YouTube is a business they are there to make money off for you and you should be there to make money off of it!!!

When I first started my YouTube channel I did it to help other people and I still do, I answer 50 to 60 questions a day and make less than $3000 a month off of my YouTube channel spending 40 to 50 hours a week just on YouTube with an additional full-time workload

The point is as your channel gets bigger if you’re doing it for fun that’s great but if you’re doing it for real life you need to learn start trying to sell early so you can get through the hard times and understand how to sell it better in the future always learn from the mistakes that you make and improve yourself.

So even though I still very much enjoy giving the gift that God has given me. And Sharing my gift . we also need to look at it as a business and keep in mind that we influence people so we always need to be positive. we always want to treat people the same way we want to be treated...

Min/Max Munchking

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I waited too long to set up the Patreon page and enable ads. Looking back at it, I should've enabled ads right when I hit 1k subs, and even though I get a few hate comments about the Patreon page here and there, it's a massive net gain at the end of the day. If people hate you, they'll hate you with or without you monetizing the channel. Those that are willing to spend based on recommendations/call-to-actions from your videos, they'll gladly spend money and support your efforts no matter what.

So yeah, ask for what you're worth.

tonysoprano

Reaction score
No matter how big or how small your channel is , do not sell yourself short!!!

When I had a a small 6000 subscriber base I started trying to sell advertising on my channel. (it taught me that the media drives companies and individuals to think that subscribers are the most important thing. Even at that time I was getting 250,000 views a month consistently. (Unfortunately never having any viral videos ) So I sold from that angle. And when potential sponsors asked me how many subscribers I had . I would just tell them and move right along because I knew where their brains were. I would then reinforce data from Social Blade to show how my channel is better than most. In my demographic. I was able to show them several channels that had 70 or 80,000 subscribers that had nowhere near the views that I had.

Something you should know about YouTube no matter how big or small your channel is 93% of people that see you using something in your channel that are interested in that product will search it out and 62% of them will purchase it!!!

that’s important for you to know because that means if you use a product in your video that cost $200 and your video gets 55,000 views than likely 25,000 to 30,000 of them people that are interested in that item especially if it’s the basis of your video will go out and purchase that item because they seen you use it and that will equate to 5 to $6 million in retail sales for that supplier of that product. Keep this in mind that YouTube is a business they are there to make money off for you and you should be there to make money off of it!!!

When I first started my YouTube channel I did it to help other people and I still do, I answer 50 to 60 questions a day and make less than $3000 a month off of my YouTube channel spending 40 to 50 hours a week just on YouTube with an additional full-time workload

The point is as your channel gets bigger if you’re doing it for fun that’s great but if you’re doing it for real life you need to learn start trying to sell early so you can get through the hard times and understand how to sell it better in the future always learn from the mistakes that you make and improve yourself.

So even though I still very much enjoy giving the gift that God has given me. And Sharing my gift . we also need to look at it as a business and keep in mind that we influence people so we always need to be positive. we always want to treat people the same way we want to be treated...
I dont know how old are you or what you are smoking but you must be nuts thinking out of 55k views 25k people will buy product even if its 5 dollars and then 5 million dollars profits??? I would say you fell from the moon but it seems something way more higher. Out of your 55k views it will be good if 100 people buy some cheap product,wake up a bit,it varies of course,maybe someone will make a k or something,but they have to pay taxes,pay for the items and do all the job to ship it out and stuff.Seriously what I just read is the top 1 bs of the year.Use common sense. 5 millions lol! So you flip 20 videos in a month and you in a 100 million zone? 50% video conversion!! LOL 1% conversion would be magic.I still cant believe what your writing. Im literally sitting and trying to figure out,bruh my little daughter will be making such ideas when she 13 and have no idea about anything,grow up or something. Theres 25k-200k channels for 1k-5k bucks,so if they could even make 1k a month from a video do you think someone would sell channel for 1k? Im not even gonna go further into this absurd LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: hasanpasir88

TheClayWay

Reaction score
Tony it’s extremely obvious that you’re very ignorant and have never done any research on how marketing on YouTube works.
Do some research and you will find that my numbers are not that far off. Not to mention I don’t think I said it in the actual thread but I was correct on my numbers.
(Dorman told me so...... The company that reaped the rewards from my advertising .)Anyways you should probably put the hatred out of your heart. and let Jesus in , you will feel a lot better. God bless and have a great day no matter what you think of me.