Youtube doesn't want to share money with Creators

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score

I have this feeling. I was so naive before. But look this.
statista.com/statistics/267606/quarterly-revenue-of-google/

To understand, if a company want to use advertsing on youtube, they pay google adwords. So google share a part of the revenue with google adsense. But that's not 45-55 but less, google adsense is just a part. Google is hiding the real revenue share from google adwords because companies don't pay directly for google adsense.

They make a lot of money with google adwords. But they don't care about google adsense. I'm a movie creators. I earn a lot of money but it's harder and harder. You need to make more views for less money. The youtube robot is flagging your videos without any reason. I lost a channel for an error. And they gave it back after 10 appeals....

I understand the European Parlement, music creators and journalists because google make money with our creations and they give you like nothing..... That's not fair...

A TV ad is like millions for 100,000 views and on youtube it's 50 dollars or less for the same thing. But youtube received a lot of money from companies for advertising.

Defending youtube is like defending UBER... Youtube is using creators to make money without correctly sharing the money.

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But why pick on YouTube when they're the only social media platform that really lets anyone actually share in the ad revenue? (Facebook only allows a select few and none of the other platforms do.)

Now, I do think that the percentage could be higher...

Reactions: markkaz

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Last I heard was that YouTube still continues to loose money for Google.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're being a bit ungrateful. In the past there was no advertising revenue.

Find a better alternative ?

Reactions: markkaz

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
You're being a bit ungrateful. In the past there was no advertising revenue.

Find a better alternative ?
Ungrateful? Do you know how is the CPM for vimeo, dailymotion or other? Tell this to the music industry or other. When you produce qualoty and views you need to me correctly paid... That's why european parlement fight against Google, facebook, etc. Because they made money with your production with no payments or very few....

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Google pays for the hosting of YouTube...which, unless things have changed recently, costs them more than they earn from the ads on YouTube.

More than that, YouTube doesn't set the prices for ads, the advertisers do via an auction. A television advert may cost in the thousands to air, but those same companies are only bidding a few cents to display their ad on YouTube.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I really don't understand this reasoning.

If you produce original content then it is up to you how to try to make money from it. There are plenty of options available, from selling it to Netflix to publishing it on YouTube. If the content is really amazing then Netflix, Amazon Prime, or the BBC may consider paying you for it, but even if they don't you can still publish it on YouTube and get paid something according to how many people watch it.

This option didn't even exist years ago. Either a mainstream TV/Film company wanted your work...or they didn't and you were out in the cold.

To hear a movie creator complaining that YouTube doesn't pay enough seems quite ungrateful for the amazing opportunity that you have. Like most of us on this forum, if your material was that great it would have been snapped up by a TV/Film company don't you think?

iron

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I really don't understand this reasoning.

If you produce original content then it is up to you how to try to make money from it. There are plenty of options available, from selling it to Netflix to publishing it on YouTube. If the content is really amazing then Netflix, Amazon Prime, or the BBC may consider paying you for it, but even if they don't you can still publish it on YouTube and get paid something according to how many people watch it.

This option didn't even exist years ago. Either a mainstream TV/Film company wanted your work...or they didn't and you were out in the cold.

To hear a movie creator complaining that YouTube doesn't pay enough seems quite ungrateful for the amazing opportunity that you have. Like most of us on this forum, if your material was that great it would have been snapped up by a TV/Film company don't you think?

I'm not the only complaining. Music industry, Television, journalistes and Movie industry like Hollywood are complaining too. You're just too small and naive.