Youtube does not care about you.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Facebook isn't even close to being a viable competitor to youtube. They don't have a creator ad revenue system in place, the views are hyper inflated because a view counts even when someone scrolls through their news feed and the video auto plays and they watch 1/2 a second. Advertisers know this and also know that youtube offers a much more engaging platform.
This is 100% accurate.

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have to agree that YouTube doesn't necessarily care about You. The You in YouTube is gone. It's not about creators anymore. It's a noble cause trying to defend the platform and say they do 'this and that', but at the end of the day, YouTube is just a business owned by Google. And a business Google is operating at a loss (and an even bigger loss, considering there are a lot of people getting demonetized, myself included).

That's just how it is. YouTube can make its fair share of money by corporations paying to be put on trending or have advertisements on their videos. Creators aren't paying YouTube anything, so YouTube could really care less about them. And Casey Neistat is pretty much a golden boy on YouTube. If he's even being screwed over compared to corporations, how much more for your average creator? And, it's actually even documented that YouTube kills videos that aren't making them money.

So, yes, YouTube could really care less about the average creator. And they can get away with it, too. Because there's no valid competitor. Google, a company that actually has the money and resources to run this site, is running it a loss. If you think another company can step up as competition, you can keep dreaming. Facebook's not going to serve as a replacement. YouTube can do whatever they want, cause, where else are you going to go?

Reactions: umbysworld

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube is a large company that is supported by advertisers, and as such, they are beholden to what makes them money. I find it a bit frustrating to see so many creators who think that the company, which provides them (us) with:
  • Unlimited upload and storage space
  • A dynamite search engine
  • Suggested video rankings that will sort your video into pretty well-defined categories
  • Tools to find and add free-to-use music
  • Tools like face blur and titles
  • Sharing options
All entirely for free, is given so much grief for not doing all the promotional work for creators right out of the box, and paying us for uploading whatever our hearts desire.

YouTube is what you make of it, and it's a LOT of work to make it in a creative field. If you expect that simply producing and uploading videos means you're owed anything at all, I don't know of a platform that will ever suit your needs.

Reactions: umbysworld

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
Let me try to explain, nobody is walking away from Youtube. Yes a great place for storage and all that but now you have to be extra careful of what you put up. Anything controversial will not be monotised. I like to do news stories, I go to the various protest and marches around LA. It can be dangerous at times as I float between goth sides getting a point of view that you will never see on the news. So, this is not me, this is REAL but now, like I said, I could capture something that could get many views, it is news, but maybe not make a cent. So why take the risk?

Kuyoyo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Sir, The problem is not the monetise things. But how youtube help small youtuber to grow.

As 1 year on youtube, I have few experience & problem about search filter on youtube.

I made some famous games nowadays, but no one find my video, Alot of big youtuber play that game, and get alot of view, but whats wrong with my video? its not about the content, but about how people find our videos. If they already find our video, then the problem about the content.

So, the question here is how people find our video, with search filter ofcourse. So, The lack of youtube is upgrade the search filter, primary the NEWEST video first, so small youtuber also can compete with other youtuber. And also, beside the NEWEST video, give some TAB about FAMOUS / POPULAR video with the content we search. Then, small youtuber & big / famous youtuber can compete, not just BIG GETTING BIGGER, but also SMALL GETTING BIGGER.

Thats from me, sorry for lack of my english language, I hope you can understand me well. Thanks & have a nice day!

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
All entirely for free, is given so much grief for not doing all the promotional work for creators right out of the box, and paying us for uploading whatever our hearts desire.

YouTube is what you make of it, and it's a LOT of work to make it in a creative field. If you expect that simply producing and uploading videos means you're owed anything at all, I don't know of a platform that will ever suit your needs.
Not trying to be rude, but this is missing the point. YouTube does provide creators many standard tools and is being run at a loss. But as I said, these are standard tools. If YouTube decides to charge creators to upload videos instead of providing the storage space for free, no new creators are going to upload, and the platform will die out. The new creators will just move to Facebook, which also provides free video storage. And the same can be said about the other features. If you want royalty free music, you don't need to rely on YouTube for that. Many game developers, for example, are alright with the music featured in their games being used as background music for an independent creator's videos.

That being said, your point that YouTube doesn't owe creators anything is pretty invalid. Creators take time out of their day to plan out videos, record them, edit them, create thumbnails, and promote their videos on social media. This takes about as much time as a full-time job, especially if you make daily videos. When these videos get uploaded, there is a consistent fan-base ready to watch these videos and the advertisements that come along with it. And this fan base tends to come from other social media platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook. It'd be naive to think YouTube isn't getting traffic from Twitter. Creators are allowing this website to grow. In fact, it is due to the creators that this website is even bigger than it was in 2006. The creators that even motivate other people to create their own content.

But, when YouTube focuses on the business aspect over the creators, the people that made them what this site is today are getting screwed over. Can you imagine how many people quit their jobs to continue creating for this platform? When YouTube promotes a channel to livable conditions and then suddenly changes their mind, that's a creator's family who is going to go hungry because they weren't given a fair warning that this was going to happen ahead of time. So in most cases, the grief is very much justified.

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
Also, look what has happened to Hollywood, where,because of cost, small producers have no chance. So now we have 38 version of Spider man. Instead of looking for new talent, that cannibalize themselves and at the same time ,raise the price of admission, but now attendance is falling off, because they are creatively bankrupt.

The same with Youtube, sure, channels with lots of money and following like Warner bros makes lots of money for Youtube but what made Youtube great was, you did not need any money, a $200 camera, a cheap computer and you were in business. But if it has to costmoney for editing software, fancy computer, where before they provided the service. But now, they cater to the big corps that get millions of views but they will eventually go to Facebook or whatever but whatmade Youtube what it was, will be gone.

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
but whatmade Youtube what it was, will be gone.
Want a hanky? Change is inevitable. You should know this. YouTube is run on a curve, the higher one channel sets the bar, the steeper the curve gets for everyone else. You complain about monetization and storage like they're the same thing. Load whatever nonsense you want to YouTube and set it to private, they don't care. That's storage. Want money for your work? Then you have to adhere to their standards. That's monetization. Plus, with nearly every camera sold now coming with its own editing software, maybe not enough people were utilizing their editing service for YouTube to justify keeping it. You should be hoping that YouTube doesn't go the way of Yahoo, a once feature rich platform that is now just a shell of its former self and be happy that ideas like Youtube had a few years ago when they paid Hollywood actors to start YouTube channels fell flat on their face.

Oh, and speaking of Hollywood problems... 38 versions of Spider man? Exactly how many "John Wayne" movies were made? Kudos to the guy for his work, but Hollywood has always milked anything they could for as long as they could. And movie attendance isn't just now falling off, the movie industry crashed hard from the 40's to the 60's as everyone started getting televisions in their homes and has been roughly level for the last 50 years. Which considering the introduction of cable & satellite TV, streaming video services and YouTube, is pretty impressive.

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They care about you if you care about them. By that I mean bring them traffic views and revenue. Which if you can do, they share it with you. Even if you can’t they give you free space for unlimited video. Sure we’d all like a little more. I’d love everything
well i agree with you