Youtube demonetized channel with over 2 billion minutes watched

luckee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hello,

Youtube just demonetized my channel Greenred Productions with over 2 billion minutes watched. Reason - "Reused content". I never used any copyrighted material, I composed all music myself and there is no video, just picture... and all pictures are made by me or from pixabay (copyright free). Channel is making ~ 150 million minutes per month which is over $13 000 / month. I have no idea what youtube have in mind and how should I fix this. So now I guess I will lose all October earnings as well... I have over 269 000 subscribers who just loves relaxing music and average listening time is 46min... and now I have to find another job...
Watch the latest video from YouTube Creator channel about thhe updates on Monetization, if I am not mistaken, your case mentioned there that making videos that only images are playing are not monetizable anymore even if you dub it or whatsoever, I'll try to find that video, I am sure you guys have already seen that, you can see that in your studio dashboard.

I think this is the video, watch: so I just figured out that I am not allowed to share link or embed now hahahaha LOL find that video and watch it

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Out of curiosity.

0:00 to 0:30 intro blah blah blah.....
0:40 to 1:50 talk on initial reviews and actually announcing the 30 day milestone
1:50 to 3:10 second review and generic "couple of weeks" milestone
3:10 to 4:16 currently dumping simple kids play and auto generated text and animation videos
4:16 to 5:54 defining what Advertising friendly and Duplication content is
plus adding a subjective creativity parameter to "reaction" videos
5:54 to 6:40 info on machine learning to review and about real people making the final call
6:40 to 8:00 quite irrelevant info for "after approval" and reference to official "help" links (duh!...)
also Barbara (again) fading out. ok this starts to be boring...
8:00 to 8:59 thanks, blah blah.. we really gonna improve... blah.. subscribe... like this video... comment...

The meaning or the whole video can be resumed in a paragraph.
Is this rambling and duplication of external and internal sources?
Does that "interview" offer something not known?

plus....

Awful cuts. It is normal to cut a phrase but cutting every single *bleep word for three words in a row is just awful...

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Out of curiosity.

0:00 to 0:30 intro blah blah blah.....
0:40 to 1:50 talk on initial reviews and actually announcing the 30 day milestone
1:50 to 3:10 second review and generic "couple of weeks" milestone
3:10 to 4:16 currently dumping simple kids play and auto generated text and animation videos
4:16 to 5:54 defining what Advertising friendly and Duplication content is
plus adding a subjective creativity parameter to "reaction" videos
5:54 to 6:40 info on machine learning to review and about real people making the final call
6:40 to 8:00 quite irrelevant info for "after approval" and reference to official "help" links (duh!...)
also Barbara (again) fading out. ok this starts to be boring...
8:00 to 8:59 thanks, blah blah.. we really gonna improve... blah.. subscribe... like this video... comment...

The meaning or the whole video can be resumed in a paragraph.
Is this rambling and duplication of external and internal sources?
Does that "interview" offer something not known?

plus....

Awful cuts. It is normal to cut a phrase but cutting every single *bleep word for three words in a row is just awful...
Yes; I think you missed out that they were actually saying auto-generated voice videos as well as text on screen. If duplication of either internal or external sources, it will answer questions that when text answers are read by creators, may not be fully understood.

Reactions: videoeditgr

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
If you have a 2 hour video with a static picture then people are not watching that video, they are listening to it.
What would be the point of an advertiser paying to put an advert on that video? No one would see it.
Do advertisers only use silent ads in 2018?

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No, but if an advertiser is paying good money for an advert to be show they want it to be seen, not listened to.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Do advertisers only use silent ads in 2018?
It makes overlay ads completely useless and the likelihood of someone clicking on a video ad (for more information, to buy something, etc.) is virtually zero.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I suspect we're not getting the whole story here. I'm always little leery of "seagulls" on forums who swoop in, make a lot of noise and mess in one post, then fly away, never to be seen or heard again.

Not being unsympathetic, though. Getting demonetized is no fun.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Flew in on my wake, I believe; this is another drop-in from the Help Forum.

In spite of getting the announcement, his videos are still serving ads at last report; and he has no Content IDs to explain that fact away. I think YT made a major communications error.