Youtube deleting videos?

Dreamcatcher

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What is going on?? Youtube is deleting videos with no warnings!
Two of the content creators that I follow have made a rant video about YT deleting a bunch of their videos because there was something wrong with the metadata... With no warning!
Has this happened to any of you?? (Hope not)
I think this is really rude!

Willabee

Let's be weird together!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer, Other
I know one problem that can get your videos removed is using the description box for keywords. I don't know if they delete them without warning, though... That's weird.

freshjiivetv

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea this happened to me 2 days ago on my old gaming channel. I got an e-mail saying that 3 of my videos were deleted for misleading tags or titles which is complete BS since I tag all of my videos the same way, so why are the rest of my videos still up? Anyways I don't upload to that channel anymore, so not going to fight it.
Here is a copy of the e-mail:
youtube.png

Last edited:

GreenFrank

Reaction score
I know one problem that can get your videos removed is using the description box for keywords. I don't know if they delete them without warning, though... That's weird.
It could be. There are videos that show the tags in the description box, and I call that cheating. I'm not sure what YouTube is doing right now, and I hope it is not automated.

Reactions: Willabee

Willabee

Let's be weird together!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer, Other
It could be. There are videos that show the tags in the description box, and I call that cheating. I'm not sure what YouTube is doing right now, and I hope it is not automated.
That would be terrible O_O
But a lot of big channels could get shut down if that becomes an automated process. I don't know if they've changed their channels, but I've seen videos from several famous channels that used to break that rule regularly.

Dreamcatcher

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
they did delete them with no warning... YT sent an email letting the creators know they had taken down some of their videos.... but no warning at all...[DOUBLEPOST=1438227605,1438227561][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea this happened to me 2 days ago on my old gaming channel. I got an e-mail saying that 3 of my videos were deleted for misleading tags or titles which is complete BS since I tag all of my videos the same way, so why are the rest of my videos still up? Anyways I don't upload to that channel anymore, so not going to fight it.
Here is a copy of the e-mail:
View attachment 30236

I find this really strange...[DOUBLEPOST=1438227690][/DOUBLEPOST]
But a lot of big channels could get shut down if that becomes an automated process. I don't know if they've changed their channels, but I've seen videos from several famous channels that used to break that rule regularly.
That's what I thought!!

Dreamcatcher

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
:/ I hope this doesn't become a problem.
I hope not! this girl I'm subscribed to, she said one of ther most viewed video was taken down and now she's losing income because of it. Youtube is her job, so it really sucks...

GreenFrank

Reaction score
I am worried about my latest video. It is a video YouTube has never seen before, and I don't really know what is going to happen. It is not misleading, but rather strange. It is my work of art, but whether YouTube will accept this is pretty much in the grey area. I haven't violated anything, but the stuff I have been creating is really out of the blue and not a typical video.

Dreamcatcher

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am worried about my latest video. It is a video YouTube has never seen before, and I don't really know what is going to happen. It is not misleading, but rather strange. It is my work of art, but whether YouTube will accept this is pretty much in the grey area. I haven't violated anything, but the stuff I have been creating is really out of the blue and not a typical video.
I think as long as it doesn't brake the rules, it should be ok.....