Meet Up/Gathering YouTube Creator Day - Chicago and Fall/Winter 2015 future events in a city near you!

MakeupANNimal

Hi guys, I hope this post is allowed, because I'm very excited to share it with you all!

I attended Creator Day in Houston and it was life changing. What is Creator Day you ask? It is basically a free workshop hosted by YouTube on analytics and other tips similar to the Creator Academy. It is so beneficial to attend because it shows YouTube that your area has great creators! Plus you get to meet other creators around you! I'm from New Orleans so it was a drive, but I still met some amazing people and befriended a few. Most importantly, I networked with a few people on the YouTube team. Oh! And they also brought in guests like Matthew Knowles (it was held at the House of Dereon) and GRAV3YARDGIRL! Eeep.

There was JUST one in Boston on the 25th, but on October 9-11 they will be holding a special Creator Day in Chicago with additional production and script writing workshops. I really want to go but the cards are not in my favor, so hopefully this will reach people closer to that area!

Okay, so onto how you can get YouTube to you. YouTube has a batch of large cities that they want to come to, but enough people have to sign up per city. The potential cities are as follows:
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Austin, TX
  • Boulder, CO
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • New Orleans, LA (that's me! hehe)
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Seattle, WA
  • Toronto, ON, Canada
  • Washington, DC
A lot of people that attended in Houston will most likely sign up for Austin, so if you're from Texas you will have another chance! Atlanta and Seattle will also be potential repeat locations.

So where to sign up? I was provided with a Google Support page with the current quarter's events. If you would like to sign up for Chicago please PM me, because I wasn't allowed to post the link. =( It used to be in the Dashboard but mine has disappeared, I don't know if that's the case with you all.

At the bottom of the page there is a link to a Google Doc that asks you where you would like the next events to be.

Good luck guys! Hope you all can attend. Wish I could tell you I had a vlog up so you guys can see, but I haven't gotten a cohesive video together yet. Probably next week! There are a few vlogs up if you search it, and who knows you might see a cameo from yours truly. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1443345411,1443345344][/DOUBLEPOST]Scratch that, I can't PM because I have low posts. Oh nooooo. Better get to posting.

This sounds great, but I don't think I'm going to be available to go. :'( Hopefully they'll have another one relatively closer to me coming up in the future.

You can still fill out the form and give your location to be notified of events in your area! The team told me that people's locations are private on their end, so you have to submit it so they know. I was invited via email after I submitted my location to them after maybe two months. This is still new, so they're hitting all the biggest cities.

Here is the link, just copy and paste:
support.google.com/youtube/answer/6272748

Sounds pretty cool to attend, sadly it seems like the events are based upon Vlogs, music and small skits. I'm a gaming based channel; which I don't think will benefit me that much unless it's more about how to grow your channel and create better content. :/

Sounds pretty cool to attend, sadly it seems like the events are based upon Vlogs, music and small skits. I'm a gaming based channel; which I don't think will benefit me that much unless it's more about how to grow your channel and create better content. :/
You'd be surprised! The one I went to was half gamers and some twitch streamers. It's a good place to network! Who knows you might get inspired by the speaker. Also having some youtube contacts in your pocket is very beneficial. Next time I have a problem I have someone to actually speak to!

They go over solid examples how to read your analytics and very useful tips on timing of things in your videos. Just up to you to discern how to apply that into your genre.

Hey! I'm in Lafayette. Nice to meet you! good to know that there are other YouTube creators in Louisiana. What's your channel?

LaneVids

Back