Youtube Copyright Claim AudioVisual Content Advanced Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Several channels got copyright strikes by disputing these claims for AW. My advice is ALWAYS the same. Remove the cutscenes and turn off the ingame music before recording.

Reactions: CommMatt

PSGamerUK14

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys ! I came to the right place :D I obviously don't want to p*ss off YouTube only weeks after starting up and already getting a strike so i will remove the cutscene and only have gameplay :) Once again thanks for all your input :)[DOUBLEPOST=1418767535,1418754808][/DOUBLEPOST]There's no winning with this!! haha so i deleted the part of the video which they told me had been copyrighted, uploaded the new video aaannndd..... ""Your video is blocked worldwide" "Copyrighted content was found in your video".... for 20 seconds of the clip now at the end of the video.... jesus!!

Reactions: CommMatt

CommMatt

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the advice guys ! I came to the right place :D I obviously don't want to p*ss off YouTube only weeks after starting up and already getting a strike so i will remove the cutscene and only have gameplay :) Once again thanks for all your input :)[DOUBLEPOST=1418767535,1418754808][/DOUBLEPOST]There's no winning with this!! haha so i deleted the part of the video which they told me had been copyrighted, uploaded the new video aaannndd..... ""Your video is blocked worldwide" "Copyrighted content was found in your video".... for 20 seconds of the clip now at the end of the video.... jesus!!
They are aggressive!!

PSGamerUK14

I've Got It
Reaction score
haha i'm going to try speak to Activision Customer Support later on and see if they can give me some sort of answer for this or maybe point me to someone who can![DOUBLEPOST=1418850881,1418827711][/DOUBLEPOST]Crazy!! So i spoke to activision support who didn't really answer my question as at first they said "unfortunately, on our end, we are not able to control the blocking videos uploaded on Youtube."

Then they said " I know, it would be cool to share your gameplay. But it is something Activision wants to keep so that the game would be played as a challenge." To which i replied that there was already multiple walkthroughs for the game and they are fine to be shown. No reply to that!

And then back to blaming Youtube ... "Again, we don't have any control with those videos on our end. Since it is YouTube who blocks those videos."

I gave up in the end of trying to explain that is says the claim is from Activision and is there anything they can do to help....

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Since it is YouTube who blocks those videos."
Yeah, you just got someone who doesn't know how ContentID works. It is an active choice by the owner of said content to upload the template footage in the first place.

PSGamerUK14

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yeah, you just got someone who doesn't know how ContentID works. It is an active choice by the owner of said content to upload the template footage in the first place.
Yeah i tried explaining that but just kept getting how it is blocked by youtube... *sigh*[DOUBLEPOST=1418913516,1418851156][/DOUBLEPOST]well to add further to this i decide to tweet Activision @ATVIAssist asking "Is there anyway i can upload my campaign gameplay to youtube without getting issued with a copyright notice? Happened twice!!"

Their reply " Hey there! Apologies, we do not have details on this matter- please contact YouTube Support."

hahaha I'm almost ready to give up on this but part of me wants to get a resolution because now to me its more than just being able to upload my gameplay and more about how YT is saying it's Activision filing the claim and Activision saying it's YT doing the claim and how it seems that nobody really knows much about this.

CommMatt

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah i tried explaining that but just kept getting how it is blocked by youtube... *sigh*[DOUBLEPOST=1418913516,1418851156][/DOUBLEPOST]well to add further to this i decide to tweet Activision @ATVIAssist asking "Is there anyway i can upload my campaign gameplay to youtube without getting issued with a copyright notice? Happened twice!!"

Their reply " Hey there! Apologies, we do not have details on this matter- please contact YouTube Support."

hahaha I'm almost ready to give up on this but part of me wants to get a resolution because now to me its more than just being able to upload my gameplay and more about how YT is saying it's Activision filing the claim and Activision saying it's YT doing the claim and how it seems that nobody really knows much about this.
After a quick search, it appears Activision is simply a publisher (one of two).
Here's the list of devs/publishers:
Developers: Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software, High Moon Studios
Publishers: Square Enix, Activision
Try contacting Square Enix?

PSGamerUK14

I've Got It
Reaction score
After a quick search, it appears Activision is simply a publisher (one of two).
Here's the list of devs/publishers:
Developers: Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software, High Moon Studios
Publishers: Square Enix, Activision
Try contacting Square Enix?
Thanks for that, i will give that a try. Don't know if it will get anywhere though as it says the claim is filed by Activision but no harm in trying :D

Reaction score
I get the same walk around with activision. They say "oh its on youtubes end" when we all know it aint. I think I am done supporting activision games

CommMatt

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I get the same walk around with activision. They say "oh its on youtubes end" when we all know it aint. I think I am done supporting activision games
As I've previously said, there is a possibility of it not actually being Activision's fault. With four devs, and two publishers (including Activision) there is a possibility that it's one of the devs or other publishers who is filing the claim, BUT it's being put under Activison's name because Activision is the bigger company with more power. (Guessing. I have not checked.)

Status
Not open for further replies.