Youtube Copyright Claim AudioVisual Content Advanced Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSGamerUK14

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi,

First post here!

I have been looking at doing youtube gameplay videos for a while now and yes i know there is already thousands and thousands of people already doing it but i like it
My channel was going to have walkthroughs, trophy guides and just general multiplayer gamepley.

I have tried to upload a gameplay of me doing my Advanced Warfare on veteran and i got a copyright notice for audiovisual content. The part it is reffering to is 49 seconds worth of video at the beginning of the game when they are dropping into the warzone.

It says that my video is blocked worldwide. What i dont get is why other youtubers have the same clips uploaded with ads and thats fine but mine has been flagged for copyright. I'm guessing they have an agreement with Activision? How hard is it to get this agreement? Would it be an option to pursue? I would like to file a dispute to get my video online but i dont want to get into any trouble with youtube or activision.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Should i file a dispute? If so, what option should i choose? Below are the options it gives me

believe this copyright claim is not valid because:

-I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.
-I'm not selling the video or making any money from it.
-I gave credit in the video.
-The video is my original content and I own all of the rights to it.
-I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material.
-My use of the content meets the legal requirements for fair use or fair dealing under applicable copyright laws.
-The content is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Well if its in the beginning i'd probably use youtubes edit option and chop off that beginning and add annotation just to summ up the cut out part or just say u had to cut it out due to copyright claims.

WhiteboardGuru

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Here's Activision's statement:

"We're excited that so many fans are having fun playing the game and posting videos of their gameplay. We love watching the videos ourselves. Occasionally, some folks post videos that promote cheating and unfair exploits. As always, we keep an eye out for these videos - our level of video claims hasn't changed.

PSGamerUK14

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies :) With regards to Activisions statement, my video doesn't contain any cheating or exploits, it's simply single player gameplay. And it says that it is Activision Publishing, Inc. itself behind the claim!

Here is the email i got.

""

Hi PSGamerUK14,

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube, and you may have lost access to some features of YouTube.

Video title: Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare PS4 - Mission 1 - Veteran Walkthrough with all Intel Locations
Includes: Audiovisual content
Claimed by: Activision Publishing, Inc.
View claim details
Why this can happen

Your video might contain copyrighted content.
Copyright owners can choose to block YouTube videos that contain their content.
- The YouTube Team

CommMatt

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the replies :) With regards to Activisions statement, my video doesn't contain any cheating or exploits, it's simply single player gameplay. And it says that it is Activision Publishing, Inc. itself behind the claim!

Here is the email i got.

""

Hi PSGamerUK14,

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube, and you may have lost access to some features of YouTube.

Video title: Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare PS4 - Mission 1 - Veteran Walkthrough with all Intel Locations
Includes: Audiovisual content
Claimed by: Activision Publishing, Inc.
View claim details
Why this can happen

Your video might contain copyrighted content.
Copyright owners can choose to block YouTube videos that contain their content.
- The YouTube Team
Well, that's uh... That's... Wow.

You bought the game, right? Did not pirate it or anything?

Edit: Also, any extra info in the claim details?

PSGamerUK14

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well, that's uh... That's... Wow.

You bought the game, right? Did not pirate it or anything?

Edit: Also, any extra info in the claim details?
hahaha yeah i bought it. And that's pretty much all the details i have. It tells me that the claim filed is for from 2.36 to 3.45 on my video which if you have played Advanced Warfare (assuming you have) it is when you are dropping into Korea in the pod thingy and you get hit and the door opens and you have to continually hit square to close it again.... SPOILER! hahaha

Last edited:

CommMatt

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hahaha yeah i bought it. And that's pretty much all the details i have. It tells me that the claim filed is for from 2.36 to 3.45 on my video which if you have played Advanced Warfare (assuming you have) it is when you are dropping into Korea in the pod thingy and you get hit and the door opens and you have to continually hit square to close it again.... SPOILER! hahaha
Hmm.. I found a Steam thread where a guy said YouTube's system and Activision are bad in the sense that they claim cutscenes... Hmm...
You could cut out the clip?
Sorry I couldn't help man.
@Tarmack may be able to help further.

Jaguar550

Not without Vakarian!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe Activison registered the Advanced Warfare cutscenes into their content id and that's why your video got claimed.

XiaoK

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
as far as i know, just dispute the claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.