Youtube closed my gaming channel!

40splishsplash

Reaction score
Make sure the giveaway complied with all the rules:
Wow, that was a lot! Had no idea about this! I've probably done something wrong here, but does that
justify Youtube to take down my channel? Again, I'm not even sure that the give away is the actual reason why.
I need to hear it from Youtube/Google since I just wanted to giveaway a beta key to my subs. There were no
competition involved. Maybe that was the problem.

Thanks for your answer!

Best regards,
Roger-40splishsplash

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Wow, that was a lot! Had no idea about this! I've probably done something wrong here, but does that
justify Youtube to take down my channel? Again, I'm not even sure that the give away is the actual reason why.
I need to hear it from Youtube/Google since I just wanted to giveaway a beta key to my subs. There were no
competition involved. Maybe that was the problem.

Thanks for your answer!

Best regards,
Roger-40splishsplash
Unfortunately yes, since YouTube states breaching the TOS can result in termination of your account.

~ZERO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So does that mean I can get a copyright for the following video!
ht[LOL]tp://youtu.be/XYCEp8MpGww?list=UU4DatpXVnsGuorTLp-0JhXQ Remove [LOL]
And see the description of the video it it relates to violating TOS!
I dont think I may have violated any rules. I just said that you have to like this video and be subscribed to enter and comment once. Does that mean I violated anything?
Thanks for the help in advance!

40splishsplash

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes, since YouTube states breaching the TOS can result in termination of your account.
Again, I didn't know they had changed this. Seems incredibly hard to shut down a channel because of that!? How could we then learn? Take down the vid, give me a
warning, but the whole channel...I was almost about to use hard words to describe how I feel about it. And again; they have to be clear about this when they send out
their automated messages. It just makes you confused. No answers.

//Roger

KlinjollyCraft

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello!

Thanks for a very good answer, this is exactly how I think and feel at the moment! What's the point with a network if they
don't back you up when you're in trouble? Just because I get this message and that my channel has been taken down, does that
make me guilty, and am I therefore not worth there support? As you say, they do make money out of our vids, but when the s**t
hits the fan, they don't assist you, seems very poor to me.

Best regards,
Roger-40splishsplash[DOUBLEPOST=1408194290,1408194056][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand this; do you mean the giveaway? People do that all the time on Youtube, and if
I've done something wrong there without knowing, why don't they just take down the actual vid and maybe
warn me? Sounds strange indeed. I appreciate your answer, but again, we're all speculating; Youtube should be
much more clear of what kind of accusations they send out to their members. What do I learn from this? Nothing!

Best regards,
Roger
I agree, sometimes YouTube is quite vague. I was referring to the giveaway, and while I do agree that many channels do this, sometimes YouTube can be funny with who they accuse of certain things. I was just saying what I read in the TOS. Anyways, sorry your channel was taken down, that really stinks!

40splishsplash

Reaction score
I agree, sometimes YouTube is quite vague. I was referring to the giveaway, and while I do agree that many channels do this, sometimes YouTube can be funny with who they accuse of certain things. I was just saying what I read in the TOS. Anyways, sorry your channel was taken down, that really stinks!
Yes, I know what you mean. It's like a lottery sometimes..Well, I hope to hear from Google soon,
hopefully I get my channel back or at least an explanation why.

//Roger

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you've filled this in already (you said TGN said to fill in a form) https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/suspended?p=youtube&rd=1. This is the only way to have YouTube review your violations. Your channel was not terminated for copyright reasons that's for sure.

'YouTube's policy against spam, gaming, misleading content, or other Terms of Service violations' usually this means:

1) Links with affiliate or referrer codes, monetized links, content locked pages
2) Misleading text in title, description, or tags; text unrelated to video content and metadata abuse
3) Using automated tools/bots including purchasing views/subscribers
4) Hacking videos, software piracy, etc.

Reactions: markkaz

40splishsplash

Reaction score
Well the best we can do on here i guess is hazard a guess at what YouTube/Google are playing at and speculate.

Maybe you could search on-line for the Google/YouTube creator space or go fins them at some official event like SitC and complain at them! Bit hard for them to avoid direct contact with them since they do not like giving customer service via internet or phone!

Hee hee, i just searched YouTube Creator space London and found there address & phone number lol, i would post it but not sure if thats within YTtalk rules!

The main problem i guess with falling foul of the rules is that websites make the terms and conditions so long no one can ever be bothered to read them and internet companies are happy to allow this as it means that they can put all sorts in there so you can easily break them without ever knowing!
Hello,

Thanks for saying, I will look into the Google/Youtube creator etc. As you say, it's really hard to know if you're actually breaking anyrules, especially when it's
so hard to get in contact with them, or even get a descent answer. Terrible, since the consequences are huge.

//Roger[DOUBLEPOST=1408288614,1408288415][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think you've filled this in already (you said TGN said to fill in a form) . This is the only way to have YouTube review your violations. Your channel was not terminated for copyright reasons that's for sure.

'YouTube's policy against spam, gaming, misleading content, or other Terms of Service violations' usually this means:

1) Links with affiliate or referrer codes, monetized links, content locked pages
2) Misleading text in title, description, or tags; text unrelated to video content and metadata abuse
3) Using automated tools/bots including purchasing views/subscribers
4) Hacking videos, software piracy, etc.
Hi,

Yes, I think you're on to something, I have probably made something wrong without knowing it.
Thanks for the link. Yes, that's the appeal that I've sent to Google. I hope to get an answer soon.
It's so devestating not knowing. The system is appareantly also made for really big channels, at
least it feels like it.

Best,
Roger

Reactions: markkaz

ZanderffGaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm pretty sure you're channel got shut down because you didnt follow the giveaway rules, this happened to one of my previous channels

40splishsplash

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're channel got shut down because you didnt follow the giveaway rules, this happened to one of my previous channels
Really? I didn't even know that there were any rules for giveaways, another Youtuber told me that they changed those rules just recently.
Anayway, if that's the case, I still don't know why, what i did wrong in the actual vid. And why did they close down my channel because
of that!? Normally they would have taken down the vid and maybe give you a warning. It's hard to learn from mistakes, if this is what
you get. It's like Kindergarten for me, to be honest.

//Roger