YouTube channels getting terminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So i was on twitter today, and some people tweeting about large youtube accounts getting deleted.

Also the wrestling duo the BellaTwins account got deleted. No notification from youtube on about this. Check your accounts and check your friends accounts.

BaldGuyAce

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I was hoping maybe someone could help me here. I was under the impression that I've been following all of YouTube's guidelines. I had zero strikes and never received any. All I've been doing was posting the occasional message in various forums (only three forums to be precise) and only in sections where it was designated to post about videos. I have however recently started spending just $1 per day on Adwords advertising, which was getting me 100 views per day. Then just now I tried logging into my account and received the following message.

"This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations."

I have definitely not done anything deceptive, so I'm hoping this is some kind of mistake that can somehow be reversed. My adwords ads were simply my videos with no misleading descriptions at all. Has anyone had this happen to them before? I went to the website for "Requesting a Suspension Review" and filled it out, but I assume that will take weeks to be responded to, if at all. I really hope there's something I can do to clear this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: Now my channel is randomly back, but it has zero videos. YouTube must have some MASSIVE bugs going on. Twitter is abuzz with big channels that have been terminated. Something is definitely wrong at YouTube right now.

2nd Edit: Videos are now back, but thumbnails are all gone. Very weird bug.

3rd Edit: Thumbnails are still gone, 3 hours later. Also I noticed that my videos only play at 360p instead of 1080. I'll update here if I notice that it gets fixed.

4th Edit: Over 12 hours later, and finally my thumbnails and video quality appears to be restored. During this whole ordeal, there has been zero correspondence from YouTube. It's unfortunate, because I'm sure tons of channel creators simply assumed they couldn't get their channel back and just gave up on YouTube altogether. I hope YouTube will send out an email to affected users about this failure. Until I receive one, I will be very hesitant to continue using YouTube, since they could randomly terminate my channel for no reason at any time.

Last edited:

BaldGuyAce

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yep. My account was terminated, but now it's back. Must be a crazy YouTube bug. Unfortunately all my videos are gone. I could probably reupload them if I need to, but I'm hoping YouTube will eventually fix their problems. The worst part of all this is that I blamed Adwords since that was the last thing I used before my account was terminated, and I cancelled my account. Now it looks like it was just a YouTube bug and not Adwords sending deceptive views.

Edit: And now my videos are back, but no thumbnails. Maybe YouTube had a server crash or something.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yep. My account was terminated, but now it's back. Must be a crazy YouTube bug. Unfortunately all my videos are gone. I could probably reupload them if I need to, but I'm hoping YouTube will eventually fix their problems. The worst part of all this is that I blamed Adwords since that was the last thing I used before my account was terminated, and I cancelled my account. Now it looks like it was just a YouTube bug and not Adwords sending deceptive views.

Edit: And now my videos are back, but no thumbnails. Maybe YouTube had a server crash or something.
Very odd stuff. I wonder if it has anything to do with the sub/view count decreasing drastically on certain channels.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I don´t think its a bug.
Youtube didn´t realised you bought ads so they thoughts your views were viewbots or something in this direction. So they banned you. Then they realised after your complaint that you didn´t use viewbot -> your channel is up there.
Then some hours later they made the videos available again. Maybe they don´t save the thumbnail or it just takes some more time for the thumbnail to be reuploaded by them.

BaldGuyAce

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's what I thought, but on Twitter there are tons of people complaining about the same thing, and all of their channels are now back as well. And they didn't fill out the form, so most likely it was a bug. But nevertheless, I probably am going to stop using Adwords just to be safe, even though I was following all the protocols.

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
That's what I thought, but on Twitter there are tons of people complaining about the same thing, and all of their channels are now back as well. And they didn't fill out the form, so most likely it was a bug. But nevertheless, I probably am going to stop using Adwords just to be safe, even though I was following all the protocols.
Ok so i checked a bit and also on this forum some other people had this happening.
If you think the Adwords stuff is driving subs for you and worth your money you might want to continue the campaing as i don´t think that this affected this and most certainly won´t effect you in the future.

BaldGuyAce

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok so i checked a bit and also on this forum some other people had this happening.
If you think the Adwords stuff is driving subs for you and worth your money you might want to continue the campaing as i don´t think that this affected this and most certainly won´t effect you in the future.
Thanks. Although at this point I'm debating stopping YouTube altogether. The risk of having my channel randomly erased every month is a bit too much for me.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi @PureDangles and @BaldGuyAce,

I've merged your threads together because they are discussing the same bug. ^_^

I came online to a few thousand new messages, so I'm guessing mine had been deleted and restored, too. :eek: I'm glad I was at work because I probably would have had a heart attack if I saw that. :eek:

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This happen to my other channel yesterday without any warning and it's restore an hr later. It's back now but the views is 1/3 of what it used to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.