Youtube Channel What can i do to improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no doubt about the video quality and your nice presentation. I think It need some quality promotion on social media and create quality backlink.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

What do you mean by a quality promotion?I tried to advertise my channel on my Page a few times, but I didn´t work that well, most of the people are rather watching my Live Videos instead the recorded one on Youtube :(

I heard of Backlinks, and I read a bit of it as well. I read also that there is a lot of scam with backlinks(low quality..), so how can I get them?

Melissa

Does anybody else have some ideas on what I could improve :D ? I´m currently trying the playlist technique but for the moment it´s still the same ^^... seems like it is not working haha ^^ Or how long does it take to see some more views?^^

Well firstly impression before watching I’m thinking what you’re doing wrong? You’re beautiful and the thumbnails are good and channel ART is very good, I like. But I must admit I wasn’t a fan of the earlier thumbnails, I’m happy you changed them in your newer videos.

I think the best thing is that you promote honest clean image and use the fact you’re a woman to get clicks where you can. Every thumbnail you do needs to saturate the colours for the products or your make up. It’s not by much but for lipstick bump the saturation up. Another cool trick is blur the background and leave you and the product in focus. Maybe the composition of the thumbs could be improved. Just had another look and your lighting has to come from front on more. Invest in a lamp or led panel light etc. You want your face to pop and the background to be background.

As for the videos, improve the lighting. Speak quicker and don’t be afraid to stuff up. Then when you’re editing just jump cut it all together. People don’t care about continuity anymore on YouTube. Plus people listen more than they watch with video content.

Anyways that’s my thoughts, good luck!!!

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer. Well, I couldn´t understand the following "Maybe the composition of the thumbs could be improved". Hm, I bought some new lamps, I found that it looks good in the newer videos with the white background, do you think it should be brighter? A big problem which I have is that my videos are not getting views, because people can´t find them. That´s a big problem, how can I change that? What can I improve?

Melissa

How much spare time do you have? Heres a tip for you watch this guy and subscribe to him and it will help, Ive already learned alot from him and I thought I knew a lot. I only have 634 subs but do have 145,000 views in 4.5 months. I know a bit here and there but Im restricted by the amount of time I can make the videos and upload. At the end of the day this is just a hobby for 99.9 percent of us but we would all like for it to atleast break even and not cost us money and our time for no reward.

Derral Eves - Go to his page look at what he is doing and copy it. There is knowone better! He uses the channel to promote his business of managing and consulting youtube channels. He honestly knows what he is talking about unlike other fraudsters trying to piggyback him. If you need any help let me know I know sometimes he just doesnt go into enough depth but I know from other places what he was indicating to do. Best Practices etc. Goodluck!

Hello :)

Thank you very much. This is really helpful I´ll follow his steps and see if there will be any improvement in my videos. I know already how I can get more views but it seems that watch time is the most important.

Any other tips :D ?

MElissa

This looks like a really strong start Melissa.

I would say that you have the quality of lighting, framing and video production to a point where you appear professional and people will engage with you if its your video they're looking for. That's something a lot of creators struggle to do, so well done.

Can I ask, why you don't make videos in your native language? Surely you are a more fluent communicator in your own language. I would also think that you would be more competitive in a smaller market, rather than joining the English-language market of makeup tutorials which is becoming so saturated. Consider making a video in English and your native language (Dutch?) and seeing the difference in the response. There's no harm in trying.

The next steps I'd take would be supplementing your footage with b-roll to add different angles and to up the "professionalism" of your content. Split screen close-up using your phone and wide angle on your camera, for instance, is a good start.

I'd also think about stepping back from your video schedule for a second - give yourself time to think creatively about your videos. Always try and improve, rather than thinking about YouTube as a treadmill with a schedule - must upload, must upload. A more challenging, creative, grand video will have more impact if it's the only video you put up that month, than lots of very similar videos. We often judge big YouTubers on what they do day-in, day-out and copy that, but often it was a break-through video that went viral that really made them famous.

Always ask yourself, why would someone watch my video over another's, how do I differentiate myself? One way to answer that is, how can I communicate my creativity? What about "How Not to Do Your Makeup," "How To Do Your Makeup in a Rush," or "Correcting Makeup Mistakes" and so on. What have you searched for and never found? Make that video.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you so much for your answer!!

Well, yes I watched some reviews on Youtube (haha) about the lighting, and then I bought some lamps, but I think it´s still not perfect. I need another lamp for my background. Otherwise, it looks a bit grey, and my face is still dark. ☹

Yes, I went to Australia 2 years ago, and I lived there for a while ( 1 ½ Year). In Australia, I got my passion and my inspiration back in life, and I started learning English. I taught it would be a good Idea to do the Makeup Tutorials in English. I´m currently in Vienna(doing my Professional Makeup Artist), and I was born in Luxembourg. So my native tongue is Luxembourgish, only a few people speak Luxembourgish. I mean there is no competition(Youtube) in Luxembourg but we are only about 250.000 people, and not all of them will watch my Tutorials (haha). SO I had the choice to do it in English, French or German. My French was quite bad, and my German is good, but I have a really strong accent I can´t speak English that fast, and I´m not sure if I can improve my “speaking-speed” . And your right I´m half Dutch as well, but my Dutch is bad 2 ^^. I can communicate but that´s it .

What does “supplementing your footage with b-roll” mean? ^^

I´m currently a bit on the “Reviews” trip because these Videos are getting Views all day, and I will improve my channel watch-time, so I hope that Youtube will notice it. But the thing is that all these people are not subscribing because they are watching the videos on the websites/forums. I´m not sure how I can get this people to subscribe to my channel. Do you have any Idea? And do you think it´s good to go on and doing reviews? Because this seems like it is working, very slow but every day there are about 100people who are watching the reviews, and it´s growing very slow.

Hmm, not sure, because this guy here says the opposite he said that you should upload at least 2-3times a week. Better would be daily.

I heard that 2, I´m thinking about some other videos not related to Makeup so that I can push my channel. In one way it would be great, but on the other hand, it´s like “why should people watch my Makeup Tutorials when I´m doing other Tutorials “^^

Thank you

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back