Youtube Channel Future Monetization Prospects

Reaction score
Hello, i just started a channel and come accross the new youtube policies and just wanted to be sure that my content most probably will get monetized (no issues as such) if i hit the criteria. I am biased towards my channel so always feel as if yeah my content is ok but dont want to be in false hopes if it is such.

My Channel Link - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmMoeGwdRBjJaqepAUChYLw

What i do -
I create Infographic based Animated Ranking videos as you can see on my above channel.
- Data taken from public sources (believe facts/data etc are not copyrighted)
- Music i use is royalty free
- In background (with audio off) i use contextual/related images/videos related to topic but those are not in focus & believe would be covered in fair use in copyright (as used in some transformative + related work + is not main thing)
- No voiceover, it is entirely animation with royalty free music + contextual background

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

You've already had answers to this. I'm not sure why you started a new thread asking the same thing?

YouTube is very clear about this. This isn't even a grey area. Your channel has text to speech audio. Since that is specifically mentioned as something NOT to do, then your channel will NOT be monetized.

Reaction score
You've already had answers to this. I'm not sure why you started a new thread asking the same thing?

YouTube is very clear about this. This isn't even a grey area. Your channel has text to speech audio. Since that is specifically mentioned as something NOT to do, then your channel will NOT be monetized.
Sir this is my other channel which has entirely different work..that other thread was for my old channel..this is the one on which i am currently working.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
You have even more problems here.

Unless you've obtained the FIFA and ICC Leagues' permission, the Teams you post about's permission and commercial use rights, plus have Model Releases from all recognizable players in the FIFA and Cricket Rankings videos, you are committing both copyright and publicity rights violations. YouTube doesn't monetize rights infringement. You are correct about sports data being public domain; but YouTube has also declared public domain media to be non-monetizable.

YouTube also isn't going to monetize something which is basically a very simple animation being called a "video"; and your background use isn't remotely related to Fair Use. Fair Use must relate to one of the following...

A. You must be reviewing the work you are using as background; you are not.

B. You must be critiquing the work you are using as background; you are not.

C. You must be directly using the work you are using as background as an educational media piece; you are not.

Simply blurring the work to the point that it isn't recognizable wouldn't be considered transformative; rather it would be considered as you trying to hide the fact that you are using unlicensed copyright media.

Again, Top Lists have been a non-monetizable video type for several years now. It's time to take a camera, get out and actually shoot some video, rather than try to depend on third party content for monetization.

These days, if you didn't create it totally from scratch yourself, YouTube considers it non-monetizable "reused content".

Last edited:
Reactions: utsavmadaan823
Reaction score
You have even more problems here.

Unless you've obtained the FIFA and ICC Leagues' permission, the Teams you post about's permission and commercial use rights, plus have Model Releases from all recognizable players in the FIFA and Cricket Rankings videos, you are committing both copyright and publicity rights violations. YouTube doesn't monetize rights infringement. You are correct about sports data being public domain; but YouTube has also declared public domain media to be non-monetizable.

YouTube also isn't going to monetize something which is basically a very simple animation being called a "video"; and your background use isn't remotely related to Fair Use. Fair Use must relate to one of the following...

A. You must be reviewing the work you are using as background; you are not.

B. You must be critiquing the work you are using as background; you are not.

C. You must be directly using the work you are using as background as an educational media piece; you are not.

Simply blurring the work to the point that it isn't recognizable wouldn't be considered transformative; rather it would be considered as you trying to hide the fact that you are using unlicensed copyright media.

Again, Top Lists have been a non-monetizable video type for several years now. It's time to take a camera, get out and actually shoot some video, rather than try to depend on third party content for monetization.

These days, if you didn't create it totally from scratch yourself, YouTube considers it non-monetizable "reused content".
Ok now very clear. Thanks for your answer. Though i dont agree with 1 or 2 point but overall you have cleared the picture so thanks.