YouTube Censored My Video Criticizing Russian Government

NikitaSadkov

Reaction score
That was a video where I read a joke poem in Russian of my own writing, called "Русский Мальчик" (Russian Boy). The protagonist boy got involved in various child abuse homosexual misadventures (I.e. "Russian boy enlisted to the army, he served as a rape boy in there"), due to Russian government politics on army, prisons and church. Russian-speaking YouTube moderators interpreted my video as "hate speech" and deleted it, striking my channel. Although there was no hate speech, just critique of Russian government. Do you think that is fair?

And now there are numerous videos and articles, proving that YouTube cooperates with Russian government on censorship any anti-Russian or pro-Ukrainian content.

I've appealed the decision, but review process is still carried by Russians, who are very pro-Putin and pro-Russia, therefore insulted by any criticism of Russia. So their reply was:

"Dear Nikita Sadkov:

Thank you for submitting your video appeal to YouTube.

After further review of the content, we've determined that your video does violate our Community Guidelines and have upheld our original decision. We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

— The YouTube Team"

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the copyright, claims, channel strikes, and legal discussion forum.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Youtube doesn't give half a s**t about the small content creator. They'd much rather appeal to a s****y government, even if that means censorship.
Youtube desperately needs a new team working on it, because the current Youtube employees are awful at their job.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It doesn’t matter if it’s ‘fair’ or not.. It’s Youtube’s ball.. they can play the game however they want, unfortunately..
Your choice is to either play by their rules (no matter how much you dislike them, or how ‘unfair’ they are), or, go play somewhere else.