Youtube Camera for concerts

Retsnom88

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a problem or already a thing. I haven't seen it but, why not make some kind of deal for concerts with people like lil wayne and what not to have camera's put up in video for a youtube channel stream for those who pay for youtube red?

That would get more people to sign up in general.

Retsnom88

Reaction score
Another thing I want to add is that, can't you guy's hook up the audio so people can hear it directly from the audio equipement itself, making it more enjoyable while getting full audio.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the YouTube Chat forum. :)

If there are any covers played at the concert, I think part of the ticket sales go to royalty payments to the copyright owners. I think this could create issues on YouTube since although they have negotiated a lot of blanket licenses to allow cover songs to be played on their platform, they might not have the blanket licenses for all of the songs played at a concert.

Also, it depends on the artist, but sometimes artists get upset when people film concerts -- they want people to buy tickets and come in person rather than just watch it online.

As for hooking up the audio -- that should be possible, but you'd need some fancy equipment. A regular webcam won't be enough to hook something like that up. A lot of artists like hearing the crowd, and it becomes part of the live experience...so leaving it out entirely for the livestream might make it feel like something is missing from the show... :eek:

Reactions: Crown