YouTube Begins Embracing the Hashtag For Titles Descriptions & Tags

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I couldn,t resist 5hinking of the old viral picture of a schoolgirl in class. She stared at the blackboard a difficult equation and there was a bubble thought of her "sc*rew it, i,m gonna be a stripper!" :)

Title
description
tags
hashtags
keywords
phrases,
written
and spoked in the video.

Doubled, tripled etc. actions for other social media promotion.

From a point of view it is good for me as long as it helps against (upcoming) alzheimer :D :p

On the other hand, it is kind of waste of time in an oversaturated mostly free offered whatever stuff videomarket. Sorry for the cynical opinion...

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I tried some tags in one of my old videos and also one of my new ones. The new one got 2000 views within a day. Will keep on monitoring it to see if it makes a difference.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks above a video.

hashtags.png

Reactions: Spence Bailey

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a tad confused. Is there a seperate box to add them or do you add them to the title and the actual # dissapears?

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm a tad confused. Is there a seperate box to add them or do you add them to the title and the actual # dissapears?
No it is not a seperate box, but you can add the hashtags into your descriptions, video title or as keywords. You just add the hashtags.

Have a look at how the hashtags look in my analytics. So i will be adding hashtags in all of my videos old and new.

tags.png