YouTube Begins Embracing the Hashtag For Titles Descriptions & Tags

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The video platform now allows uploaders to add hashtags to their descriptions and video titles to make it easier for viewers to find their channels and content. Like in other places on the internet, YouTube's hashtags are clickable and will bring up a results page with other videos tagged with the same thing. The website will even display the top three hashtags at the bottom of the video and above its title.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6390658?hl=en

[edited by YTtalk staff to make the link clickable]

Last edited by a moderator:

joshgrahamvlogman234

Reaction score
This is gunna help out a lot of people. Im excited to use this myself!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
you speaks truuth pioneer!.. I added some to experiment. I only messed with my non performing content though first. Anybody have any feedback on if this has been a good or bad thing for them? Seems kinda new!

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this up.
I added a few hashtags to two of my videos now. I guess it will take some time to see if this is working out or not. Let's wait and see...

Aventus

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure how these actually work. When you search for the hashtag, what appears in the "Latest Videos" section is different from when you sort it by the most recently uploaded. I've also added some hashtags but my videos don't appear in the latest videos section either.

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
isnt these basically tags, there is no point in adding them if they do nothing but have the same 1 second of "new" view like on twitter.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I noticed some channels had these little hashtags right about their titles. I was wondering what it was about. It's kinda cool that YouTube is going this direction. It'll make the online social media community just a little bit more coherent I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mauricio

I cook for a living and ill cook you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
Hmmm this sees pretty awesome. I’m going to change some of my older video titles

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Cool! Thank you for posting this! :) I wonder if they are going the Instagram route with hashtags? :eek: If so, I'd suspect this could be good for new YouTubers if they do some serious hashtag research and climb the ranks in less-competitive hashtags to gain exposure. :eek:

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Cool! Thank you for posting this! :) I wonder if they are going the Instagram route with hashtags? :eek: If so, I'd suspect this could be good for new YouTubers if they do some serious hashtag research and climb the ranks in less-competitive hashtags to gain exposure. :eek:
I was wondering this as well. Being able to follow a specific hashtags and then see all the videos related to that hashtag in a more clean way than how regular tags work now. I like how Instagram has a follow hashtag option and it goes chronological. It would be nice to have a feature like that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: KatyAdelson