Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
Hello again guys!,
If you haven't already heard Today (9th Febuary 2012) YouTube are going to be Removing all of the In-Active + Invalid Subscribers from the Subscriber Counters (on Your Channel!)

I think this is good because if there are Invalid subscribers on my channel, then they might as well be gone because they are not going to be watching my videos...but on the other hand this could be bad, because not all subscribers watch every video, but if they're going to watch just one of my videos every 3 months then I don't want to be losing that subscriber because they're viewing my videos....Hopefully YouTube doesn't screw up with this, or it could be bad for a lot of people!

What's Your Opinion?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im not so bothered myself but I can imagine those with hundreds of thousands being at least a bit bothered, people like Fred for example, they must have thousands if not hundreds of thousands of inactive subscribers or deleted accounts. It really depends on the criteria on what is classed as an "inactive subscriber" are these people who dont watch your videos? People who have deleted their account? People who haven't been active on YouTube in a long time? I aint bothered though, I think I might lose a couple of hundred maybe and if they're just deleted accounts I dont mind.

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Im not so bothered myself but I can imagine those with hundreds of thousands being at least a bit bothered, people like Fred for example, they must have thousands if not hundreds of thousands of inactive subscribers or deleted accounts. It really depends on the criteria on what is classed as an "inactive subscriber" are these people who dont watch your videos? People who have deleted their account? People who haven't been active on YouTube in a long time? I aint bothered though, I think I might lose a couple of hundred maybe and if they're just deleted accounts I dont mind.
I think they class not watching videos as a un-active subscriber and an Invalid subscriber are subscribers who have closed their account or have been banned....also bot accounts...

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well if thats the case the bigger partners will see a big drop in their counts especially ones who started when YouTube started and the count does mean quite a lot to potential subscribers, a lot of people wont subscribe to someone who doesn't have counts that appear popular but I suppose the views will stay the same. In a way I can imagine this affecting newcomers the most as many will sub them just to help them out etc

Reactions: Michael Carlyle

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
I have a feeling that my subscribers will drop about 20-30 :( (I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but to me every subscriber counts!) ;)

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I lost a couple but not as many as i've seen from other people on youtube
It's good I suppose I just wonder how its going to play out in the long run.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
I have a feeling that my subscribers will drop about 20-30 :( (I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but to me every subscriber counts!) ;)
Hey bucko.... if you dropped 20 subscribers, that'd be my whole audience. What are you trying to say here? HUH??? HUH????

Status
Not open for further replies.