YouTube announces more monetization methods

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Even though it's not relevant for my channel at all, I think it's good they're adding more monitization options for YouTubers now.. while they're obviously trying to be more similar to steam with all the streaming options, i'm sure it helps a lot of people out!

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
this is awesome, at least they are looking out for the content creators in some aspects. even if some people may
not qualify just yet, it's a nice goal to look forward to meeting.

GearGasms

Reaction score
As a creator, I dislike streaming. I've never done it but that's one more expense and hassle to have the right gear for streaming, to say nothing of the faster uplink bandwidth that I'd have to pay Comcast for.

As a consumer, I dislike streaming because I don't have 90 minutes or more to spend watching my favorite YouTuber answering super chat questions that are scrolling on an live chat ticker. Nor do I have such a burning need to interact with that person by trying to get a question answered or get acknowledged. "He said my name! He said my name!" :)

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hmm.. great for big channels that already have more ways to monetise than smaller toobers.
Small youtuber can still make good money on live stream. I tried it myself. I streamed over 40 times on YT and I could honestly say. I made more money on live stream than I did uploading content & I'm not even a big youtuber. Even though I push a lot of content out for the past 3 years. Some people out there just love what you do and they will donate money to you. It's a great way to expand yourself than just relying on video monetization. Getting in touch with your fans live is even better than the comment section lol

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I still have yet to try a live stream... I think Id be very nervous. I downloaded Twitch before but I've always used YouTube, would be goo to experiment with both platforms :)