YouTube announces 3 new potential punishments

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think for larger youtubers this is some pretty decent regulation...I think my issues with these introductions would be more aimed at smaller youtubers who dont have the support network or the direct "In" with youtube who might get sweapt up in this regulation without any way to defend themselves vs larger youtubers who can get a direct line with youtube and clarify there content...

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm completely okay with these punishments. Granted I would've loved to see "Banned for multiple uses of inappropriate content against Youtube's Terms of Service." But I'm happy that it's only going into affect for those *cough* Logan Paul *cough* who break the rules and are giant Youtubers. Instead of it harming and affecting everybody.

Andy R

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This makes sense to me considering the kind of videos that are posted and are popular.

ALEA freelicencemusic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
After seeing Youtube's racist tweet they should remove these punishments. They themselves are the 'bad actors'.
I haven't heard any of that. Did they tweet something racist? Anyway it will always be the small channels to be punished. Youtube will think twice before damaging one of the big cows they need to milk.

Reactions: 504RoadTrips

Iain

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
After seeing Youtube's racist tweet they should remove these punishments. They themselves are the 'bad actors'.
The Tweet was totally unacceptable, and I think and hope someone internally would have gotten a major dressing down for it (and help to understand how/why it was wrong and the opportunity to learn and improve through appropriate training).

However, that said, I think that promoting equality and diversity is a good thing, and I think that's what they were trying to do, albeit in completely the wrong way. At best it was misguided, but that doesn't make what they did right.

However, just because that happened, I don't understand why these new processes to help improve content should be removed? Two wrongs don't make a right and all that, and surely it's best to work on improvements whenever anything goes wrong?

Last edited:

504RoadTrips

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
yeah. exactly that.
In one of the YouTube groups I belong to on Facebook, I'd guess that around half of the creators are black. Some of them produce good videos. Some of them produce absolute crap. Just like any other group of creators. This is the first time I'm hearing about this tweet, but I know at least one black YouTube vlogger who would feel insulted by it.

I'm interested in the content, not the creator. Being into roadcam videos (as well as a roadcam video creator), out of the 40 channels of that particular genre that I subscribe to, I know absolutely nothing about the person behind the camera on 35 of them. On those 35, they never appear on screen, and don't do voiceovers...just video and captions. They could be native Antarcticans as far as I know. Of the 5 that I do know a little more about, I know that one is white, one is black and another is Asian, (based on Facebook interaction). The other two, I'm uncertain. But really, who cares?

Suggesting that a viewer subscribe to a bunch of channels based on that one criteria is not only patronizing to the creators, but violates YouTube TOS the same way sub4sub does. I hope someone got fired over that.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician