YouTube and University.

Refresh

Reaction score
So the title sums up my problem at the moment. What is it you might ask? Well, to be honest, it's balancing YouTube, University, and Work. Honestly, it's a bit overwhelming.

I've never really had this problem before, but I'm going into my last year and my dissertation is taking over my life. YouTube I do as a hobby, but I feel like I'll be letting a few people down if I don't keep on top of uploading.

Any advice on how to balance life with YouTube? I know it's a generic question, but it's quite overwhelming at this point, haha.

Many thanks. :)

Reactions: Rehannah

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum! :)

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I will have the same problem this fall as well, since i´m going to start my last term of university as well. You could tell your viewers about the problem and that you will upload whenever you can. Most of them will understand!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think most of us have this problem with time. For me it is not university (I dropped out twice:)) but with two kids and a job it is hard to fin time to make videos. I guess that is why some many wish they could do YouTube fulltime but the problem would be making money........And I guess that why we spend time on work:)

zglc

Reaction score
well i dont have time to edit cuz i think it take alot of time to edit but y phone been alot of help

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Something will have to give. There are only 24 hours in a day. :)

One solution would be to make more videos than usual when you do have free time (but don't publish them) and then release them during times when you are too busy to make any videos.

Alexis Claudio Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Something will have to give. There are only 24 hours in a day. :)

One solution would be to make more videos than usual when you do have free time (but don't publish them) and then release them during times when you are too busy to make any videos.

This is a great suggestion... I have a full time job as many of you do too and I have to manage my time wisely. When I do have lots of free time (mostly in the weekend) I try to record as many videos as I can.

Reactions: Rehannah and Crown

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I’m in the same boat. Currently at university with a job, dog, and trying to make animations for YouTube. It’s really tough to be honest. Writing everything I need/want to get done in a planner has helped me structure out my days though, so that’s helped a bunch. Prioritizing is key.

As others have suggested, doing videos in advance is probably the best. I made a bunch of animations over the summer, which I then schedule upload for later in the semester so I don’t even need to worry about remembering to upload them on the right day.

Best of luck in both YouTube and life!

Reactions: Rehannah