Youtube and Tube buddy are saying my thumbnails are lo-res...but they're not...

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here could spot a problem with my youtube thumbnails. I've been trying to re-upload all my old ones in Hi-res after learning more about them and up until this weeks upload I've had no problems whatsoever...

However today I uploaded my thumbnail and on tube buddy and youtube its saying my resolution is "Low-res" even though im over 2k in terms of pixel count...here are my specs:

Width: 2398 pixels
Height: 1352 pixels
Resolution: 1500 Pixels/Inch

Anyone have any advice as to why it seems to think this is low res? :) any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

EDIT: Oh! should also say the video I've put the thumbnail on is a "Scheduled" video...so I dont know whether that may be a factor as to why it isnt seeing it as hi-res or not :)

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think I know what your problem might be. When a video is private, the thumbnail looks a lot more Low-res than it would be if it's public. That might be an effort on YouTube's part to save money and space. Since your video's scheduled, it's private until the actual time it goes public. So, when it goes public, your thumbnail should hopefully look a lot clearer.

Reactions: TYTD

TYTD

Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think I know what your problem might be. When a video is private, the thumbnail looks a lot more Low-res than it would be if it's public. That might be an effort on YouTube's part to save money and space. Since your video's scheduled, it's private until the actual time it goes public. So, when it goes public, your thumbnail should hopefully look a lot clearer.
Ahh brilliant :) Cheers for that! I'll wait till it goes public and hope it updates then :)

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss

Razvion1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I`m very curious myself also if that is the case, keep us posted what happens once it gets public !

Reactions: TYTD

TYTD

Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
well it should be going Live at 5pm (GMT) but I'll be mid commute home by that point so I'll try and let you know before the nights out :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the branding / design forum.

TYTD

Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well! Dewmonic Abyss! You were spot on the money! it's published and its now saying Hi-res :) So I guess thats the case with scheduled videos :)

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss