YouTube And Musicians

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
How serious about your music are you?

Do you only have Soundcloud or BandCamp, or are you with a full Digital Distributor? If you have a YouTube channel dedicated to your music and it isn't large enough to apply to the YouTube Partner Programme, you do have another monetization option.

Most, if not all Digital Distributors now have their own YouTube channel, plus the ability to request auto-generated Topic Channels for their artists. The two together will give said artists ad revenue, which will feed into your income dashboard at your distribution account. You will also gain a dedicated YouTube Music channel on that service. (music.youtube.com)

So don't be discouraged if you are a musician with a channel too small to monetize; there is hope.

Sign up with a digital distributor and the YouTube income stream will open for you.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
TYSM for sharing! that makes a lot of sense and now I understand how those Digital Distributors have so many songs and why people decide to join them. I personally pay for a license with Epidemic Sound and I never understood how they have so many amazing songs for such a cheap price