YouTube and CO-WORKERS?!

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
For those that have jobs (Full or Part-time), do your co workers know about your channel? Part of me wants to tell my coworkers, but I'm going to start my vlogging adventure this weekend (I'm excited, I've planned out a structure and ways to be different) and I'm somewhat afraid to let some of them know that I even have channels. So far they only know I can draw and stuff because of my animated characters on my desktop wallpaper. I want to keep work and life separate but also want the views/sub lol.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For those that have jobs (Full or Part-time), do your co workers know about your channel? Part of me wants to tell my coworkers, but I'm going to start my vlogging adventure this weekend (I'm excited, I've planned out a structure and ways to be different) and I'm somewhat afraid to let some of them know that I even have channels. So far they only know I can draw and stuff because of my animated characters on my desktop wallpaper. I want to keep work and life separate but also want the views/sub lol.
I show everyone my videos. Whether it's at work, school, or family & friends I will send them links when I think they'll like it. One of my dog park friends is even subscribed to me, so is my girlfriend's ex-boss. I found out my buddy at my second job has a YouTube channel recently, I just haven't had the time to look at it yet.

Reactions: Justoshow

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I can understand this fully. I try not to tell anyone but my closest friends my channel. Other people know i do youtube but i dont tell them who i am lol. I dont want them to think differently of me from stuff i say or do on my channel. Im not embarrassed but I am a computer tech and i try to be very professional at work.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My coworkers know I am a 'YouTuber' at the weekends but I dont share my channel info for them to watch.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm constantly banging on about it so yes they all know lol. A few of them even subscribed

Weirdprodigy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
I understand what you're talking about I use to be afraid of spreading my twitch channel when I streamed but then I thought of it this way. What if you tell that one coworker and family
Member and they end up really liking you're channel and you get 1 new sub then they spread the word and that 1 turns to 10. Not saying this is always going to happen but it doesn't hurt trying. And don't get discouraged if someone says they don't like your channel because you can always ask them where they think you can improve. Most of the time it could be they don't really watch YouTube or they're only stuck on things like make up or prank videos. So I think you should build the courage and tell your workers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
I can understand this fully. I try not to tell anyone but my closest friends my channel. Other people know i do youtube but i dont tell them who i am lol. I dont want them to think differently of me from stuff i say or do on my channel. Im not embarrassed but I am a computer tech and i try to be very professional at work.
That's funny because I work in I.T. as well. Now I don't feel like the only one ha ha.[DOUBLEPOST=1486128295,1486128197][/DOUBLEPOST]
I understand what you're talking about I use to be afraid of spreading my twitch channel when I streamed but then I thought of it this way. What if you tell that one coworker and family
Member and they end up really liking you're channel and you get 1 new sub then they spread the word and that 1 turns to 10. Not saying this is always going to happen but it doesn't hurt trying. And don't get discouraged if someone says they don't like your channel because you can always ask them where they think you can improve. Most of the time it could be they don't really watch YouTube or they're only stuck on things like make up or prank videos. So I think you should build the courage and tell your workers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a good way to look at it.

Reactions: Weirdprodigy

TheScarletBlaze

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I talk about it fairly casually but most of my colleagues are not of the generation who are generally interested in online media so i dont think they understand lol

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
I talk about it fairly casually but most of my colleagues are not of the generation who are generally interested in online media so i dont think they understand lol
Ha h. The older generation is slowly moving out here, but they know all about Youtube because of grand kids and such. Most of them are pretty chill but still lol...

TheScarletBlaze

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ha h. The older generation is slowly moving out here, but they know all about Youtube because of grand kids and such. Most of them are pretty chill but still lol...
They sometimes ask me about the "Filming" i do in my spare time haha that's as far as they get and its difficult explaining the difference between my Extra Work and YT ah well can't blame em, raised in a different era