YouTube Analytics Alternatives

Shantha

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer
I talk/type way too freaking much. I feel like I have to explain everything to everyone, I can't just say a sentence without explaining it! Like this post for instance.

/facepalm
rofl!! It's good though ^_^ better than when I try to explain stuff and fail over and over again XD

Reactions: Shadeypwns

ZaphodX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
First of all, thanks for coming here and getting some real user feedback!

Secondly, I agree with everything Shadeypwns has said. If you could work on them it would be great.

RE: The 2 day thing, a perfect solution for me would be to have it in my timezone. You would just have to time shift the data a bit and it would all make sense to me. This is something the other sites don't provide so I can never be quite sure from what time the data is from.

You have all the fancy analytics from the data you process, which is great. But could we not get a lo-fi barebones set of data that is updated more frequently?

Shadeypwns

Laugh at your problems, everybody else does.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Secondly, I agree with everything Shadeypwns has said. If you could work on them it would be great.

RE: The 2 day thing, a perfect solution for me would be to have it in my timezone. You would just have to time shift the data a bit and it would all make sense to me. This is something the other sites don't provide so I can never be quite sure from what time the data is from.

You have all the fancy analytics from the data you process, which is great. But could we not get a lo-fi barebones set of data that is updated more frequently?
I like the barebones data idea. Not sure how reasonable it is, but it would certainly be nice to have constantly updating data for when the need comes. I also totally forgot to thank Ted for coming to the forums and responding like this. I actually Googled your name when you posted because I didn't think it was actually a YouTube representative address such a low end community! No offense to anyone here, but I don't see William Ray Johnson or Tobuscus posting anywhere :p I always assumed YouTube listened to their moneymakers, not the rest of us.

Reactions: Shantha

Shantha

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer
I like the barebones data idea. Not sure how reasonable it is, but it would certainly be nice to have constantly updating data for when the need comes. I also totally forgot to thank Ted for coming to the forums and responding like this. I actually Googled your name when you posted because I didn't think it was actually a YouTube representative address such a low end community! No offense to anyone here, but I don't see William Ray Johnson or Tobuscus posting anywhere :p I always assumed YouTube listened to their moneymakers, not the rest of us.
Yeah, that is really awesome I didn't expect it either o: I always assumed the same thing haha I think most people did

Reactions: Shadeypwns

Ted Hamilton

Reaction score
Yeah, the time zone thing sounds so easy, doesn't it? Let me assure you it's not or we'd do it in a heartbeat. We will one day though - we know everyone doesn't live in California! In fact none of us who built YTA live anywhere near there!

We're working on getting lightweight/customized analytics into the Video Manager dashboard, so keep an eye out there. But I can assure you making things faster is high on the priority list as well. No one want to wait! But unfortunately you'll have to wait for the time when you no longer have to wait. Or something.

I really appreciate the feedback from all of you. Please keep it up! We get plenty of feedback from the likes of RWJ (or WRJ ;-) ), but our product is for the entire community. I try to make sure to hear as many voices as possible so the product isn't skewed towards one type of user's needs more than others.

Reactions: Shantha

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
wiztracker.net doesn't give you a rank but a score and shows your position in a histogram.

Ted Hamilton

Reaction score
Hi all -

It only took us 2.5 years, but we've resolved shadey's #2.

For #1 and #3, check out Creator Studio, our mobile app. It's a bit too simple right now, but there's a lot of good stuff on the way.

Reactions: Lightsen and McCool

Ted Hamilton

Reaction score

We still haven't knocked off the time zone thing. However, we do provide a realtime report now which gives you a granular view of the last 48 hours, which is independent of time zone. Hopefully that's useful.

Reactions: McCool

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
That's cool :) thank you!
I like the analytics the way they are, but if we can choose what comes up on the front page that would be cool, like a certain video, or specifics we want :)