YouTube Analytics Alternatives

Shadeypwns

Laugh at your problems, everybody else does.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
After just reading a thread someone posted about how their YT Analytic's seems to be buggy and doesn't make much sense, I thought we could get a thread together for alternatives to Analytics. I only know if 2, so if you know more please comment them so I can add to the list!

These sites also allow you to compare your channel to others in many different areas, giving you a picture of how well you're performing compared to other channels of your size. Be aware that these sites operate and function by using a mixture of ads, donations, and sometimes premium services. Ask the forums for advice before you just start throwing money around, thinking it will help your channel!

Note: Keep in mind that if your channel has not been searched on these sites previously, it can take anywhere from an hour to a day for the site to access your channel and attain information. If searching your channel provides no results, simply check back later.

ChannelMeter - http://channelmeter.com/
  • This is at the top of the list for a reason. Holy cow does this site have an amazing UI, and loads of information, all divided up easily for your viewing pleasure! Checking out other channels besides your own on this site is amazing, and I'll probably start researching channels here when I review their videos. You can view videos straight from a channels page, view in-depth information on Video Views, Subscribers, and Channel Views, and even see a channels most popular videos, and how often they upload! The features on this site are simply top-notch. This is the site to visit if you not only want to keep track of your channel, but grow it!
VidStatsX - http://vidstatsx.com/
  • Has some fairly cool features to it, such as charts showing who the top Subscribed and Viewed on Youtube are. Also shows you top Gainers so you can see who the rising stars are! Has a featured called Future Rank that predicts where you'll be in the next 7 or 30 days. Lastly it has Video Charts, which make no sense to me and I have never understood, but hey, they exist.
SocialBlade - http://socialblade.com/
  • Almost no original features other than a YT chatroom on IRC, and showing you your channel stats on a profile type page. The most original thing here is on the top left of your channel stats page, they assign you a SB rank on a grade scale of A,B,C etc. and rank your subscribers/view count compared to everyone else on YT, then give you a total SB rank showing where you lie. If you like seeing a sort of "ladder" system where you constantly move up, this might appeal to you.
StatSheep - http://www.statsheep.com
  • Another fairly basic site, although this one features a mobile app, and email alerts which is nice to see. StatSheep allows you to compare any 2 channels you wish, and view top channels and stats. The website is very clean and the UI is nice and simple.
StatFire - http://www.statfire.com
  • Not a whole lot of features, very basic. There seems to be a lot of these "clone" analytics sites that feature a white background and the same old statistics. Check out your daily/monthly reports, your future outlook, and your newest/top videos. Also view top rankings in multiple areas such as views and subscriber count.

Kanashimi

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's also StatSheep, which is nice for comparing different channels and has a decent amount of visual information.

Reactions: Shadeypwns

ZaphodX

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
SocialBlade and VidStatsX are decent, and also ChannelMeter is pretty good, adds a few neat things the others don't.

StatFire is one I've found recently, but it doesn't seem to be as good as the others.

Reactions: Shadeypwns

Shadeypwns

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's also StatSheep, which is nice for comparing different channels and has a decent amount of visual information.
For some reason my channel looks like this - http://www.statsheep.com/shadeypwns
Does it take them time to update a channel that's never been looked up before? I would assume this is the case.

Unknown_User12

Account Closed
Reaction score
The analytics aren't bugged, I don't see why people complain. Sites like vidstats and socialblade take their data straight from Youtube's analytics and algorithms!

Shadeypwns

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The analytics aren't bugged, I don't see why people complain. Sites like vidstats and socialblade take their data straight from Youtube's analytics and algorithms!
I'm fairly certain this is incorrect. For one thing taking information from YouTube's API is not the same as taking information from their Analytics. YouTube's Analytics system is a closed system, if just anybody could go in and access the information and repost it elsewhere, there'd be no reason for YouTube to even have it. If other websites had access to Analytics information they would be posting information that Analytics has such as region views, average view times, etc.

It's a very well known fact that YouTube's Analytics is quite buggy, and oftentimes goes down completely, or doesn't update for days on end. It's always been a terrible system, and any information gathered from it should be taken with a pinch of salt. It can be useful at times, but there's a reason other websites exist for this information, they do it better.

Unknown_User12

Account Closed
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain this is incorrect. For one thing taking information from YouTube's API is not the same as taking information from their Analytics. YouTube's Analytics system is a closed system, if just anybody could go in and access the information and repost it elsewhere, there'd be no reason for YouTube to even have it. If other websites had access to Analytics information they would be posting information that Analytics has such as region views, average view times, etc.

It's a very well known fact that YouTube's Analytics is quite buggy, and oftentimes goes down completely, or doesn't update for days on end. It's always been a terrible system, and any information gathered from it should be taken with a pinch of salt. It can be useful at times, but there's a reason other websites exist for this information, they do it better.
I know the Analytics are different from the API, but Youtube has discussed how their algorithms work in the past. But sites such as VidStats count views per hour, which is not all that hard, they just watch the views increase with a bot.

As for it being buggy, that truly is not the case. The view counts work just fine, but rather is the pushing out of videos that is the problem. And while these other sites may "do it better", at the end of the day it's the official Youtube one that gets the final say in your Video Manager and your money if you're partnered. So unless you are only tracking views and not money, run free to other sites. Otherwise, stick with Youtube's or you may find your paycheck is much smaller.

Shadeypwns

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've updated the list, you guys have got to check out ChannelMeter, that place is godlike!

Shadeypwns

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I know the Analytics are different from the API, but Youtube has discussed how their algorithms work in the past. But sites such as VidStats count views per hour, which is not all that hard, they just watch the views increase with a bot.

As for it being buggy, that truly is not the case. The view counts work just fine, but rather is the pushing out of videos that is the problem. And while these other sites may "do it better", at the end of the day it's the official Youtube one that gets the final say in your Video Manager and your money if you're partnered. So unless you are only tracking views and not money, run free to other sites. Otherwise, stick with Youtube's or you may find your paycheck is much smaller.
You're looking at one part of Analytics, view count. If you dig deeper you'll discover there's a lot more to it. We're discussing the entire depth of Analytics here, not something as simple as view count. If Analytics couldn't even track viewcount correctly (ignoring the times where it doesn't, taking days to update while the system is falling behind) I'd be very very disappointed. Granted it wouldn't be the first time Google had disappointed me with their treatment of such an amazing community site.

Unknown_User12

Account Closed
Reaction score
You're looking at one part of Analytics, view count. If you dig deeper you'll discover there's a lot more to it. We're discussing the entire depth of Analytics here, not something as simple as view count. If Analytics couldn't even track viewcount correctly (ignoring the times where it doesn't, taking days to update while the system is falling behind) I'd be very very disappointed. Granted it wouldn't be the first time Google had disappointed me with their treatment of such an amazing community site.
Well considering we are discussing VidStats and Socialblade, I assumed we were tracking views. I know they track things like retention of viewers and sub increases. Subs your should be able to count own your own. For retention span of viewers, then yes I agree, an external site is much better. As for Google letting us down, I've simply gotten used to it by now.