Youtube Ads

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

Recently I have been watching the whole ad on videos (at least for the youtubers I am subscribed to )

I know it not much but in a way to give back. Now i have realised that the ads get longer and longer

I mean 5-10 minutes long... thats the length of the video itself

Has anyone realised this ?
Naturally I can imagine that many won't sit through an ad like that. Is this a youtube thing to avoid ad reneuve?

Whats your opinion on this ?

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi

Recently I have been watching the whole ad on videos (at least for the youtubers I am subscribed to )

I know it not much but in a way to give back. Now i have realised that the ads get longer and longer

I mean 5-10 minutes long... thats the length of the video itself

Has anyone realised this ?
Naturally I can imagine that many won't sit through an ad like that. Is this a youtube thing to avoid ad reneuve?

Whats your opinion on this ?
i think YouTube deal with ads placements by the viewer interaction with ads. if they notice that a viewer enjoy watching Ads without getting disturbed, they will provide him more and longer ads frequently. However, if they find that you keep hitting the skip button, then it means that you don't like to watch ads. So ads will not be shown in consecutive manner.

Reactions: Samira

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think YouTube deal with ads placements by the viewer interaction with ads. if they notice that a viewer enjoy watching Ads without getting disturbed, they will provide him more and longer ads frequently. However, if they find that you keep hitting the skip button, then it means that you don't like to watch ads. So ads will not be shown in consecutive manner.

Ok this was a theory I have had and makes a lot of sense

Misha's Toys & More

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's enough to watch the first 30 seconds of the ad in order to get paid? I always watch for about 35 seconds on the channels I'm subscribed to. I also told my kids that they're helping their friends to make videos if they don't skip right away (which they tend to do). Lately I noticed some very smart ads that are quite long but catch the kids' attention so they end up watching most of it anyway.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's enough to watch the first 30 seconds of the ad in order to get paid? I always watch for about 35 seconds on the channels I'm subscribed to. I also told my kids that they're helping their friends to make videos if they don't skip right away (which they tend to do). Lately I noticed some very smart ads that are quite long but catch the kids' attention so they end up watching most of it anyway.

As far as I know you have to watch the whole ad for the youtuber to get paid.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't really think that an individual making a decision to watch all the ads for their friends makes too much of a difference. Rather, it's an aggregate of all the ads watched, what's clicked, watch session time, etc., that's truly helpful to channels. It's not that you're not helping at all (every tiny bit helps), but I think to help out people you want to be a good "YouTube friend" to, it's better to help promote their channels and share their videos than to sit through all the ads.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I too have found myself sitting through short ads to 'help out' - if only a little. Anything longer than 30 seconds will get skipped though..

Reactions: Samira

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't really think that an individual making a decision to watch all the ads for their friends makes too much of a difference. Rather, it's an aggregate of all the ads watched, what's clicked, watch session time, etc., that's truly helpful to channels. It's not that you're not helping at all (every tiny bit helps), but I think to help out people you want to be a good "YouTube friend" to, it's better to help promote their channels and share their videos than to sit through all the ads.

I guess so. It makes me a little sad that so many youtubers have to struggle through the whole ad revenue issue. This is their job and existential for some