Youtube ad boycot my thoughts

RadsYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Okay so the whole ad boycot thing happened and well if I'm honest I'm not really sure what to say. The wallstreet journal had absolutely no right to do what it did. To be totally honest I'm not happy about it. Youtube should be left alone not screwed with by news paper outlets who want more people to read news papers. God it makes me angry and I shouldn't be I know that but sometimes these things can be annoying. People doing stuff that just isn't right and not enough people standing up to say something I feel.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No reason to be angry. This WSJ fiasco affects only the western world. Remember that YouTube is a global company. In fact in the eastern world the analytics are like before or even better. You must look at the whole picture, not only some small incident that will hushed up in some weeks and nobody will remember it, like the other incidents in the past.

RadsYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
No reason to be angry. This WSJ fiasco affects only the western world. Remember that YouTube is a global company. In fact in the eastern world the analytics are like before or even better. You must look at the whole picture, not only some small incident that will hushed up in some weeks and nobody will remember it, like the other incidents in the past.
yes I understand there's no real reason to be angry. Sometimes I just can't help it really. Instinctual thing.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If the Wall Street Journal reporting something about YouTube is what upsets you, you really should pay more attention to the news.

QuestionMan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What Barbara said. You gotta look at the whole picture. Eventually the thing will pass over and things will return to normal.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What Barbara said. You gotta look at the whole picture. Eventually the thing will pass over and things will return to normal.
Doubtful. They are actively trying to push out negative content. And I am completely fine with that since none of my content is political, talks about social issues or is plain stealing from other content creators and creating drama.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It's strange that so many people are willing to take the opinion of, "If it doesn't affect me, then who cares about it." Not affecting you right now shouldn't be a stance to say that this is okay. The fact that there are shadow restrictions taking place without any prior notice from YouTube should be alarming to everyone that wants to use YouTube as a possible financial medium. The only way creators can make money from YouTube, per se, is through adsense. To have that minimized without notice is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. This can open much larger issues with YouTube where they can undercut creators without notice just to appease to advertisers (this can minimize CPMs for everyone).

And the greater issue is the amount of subjectivity taking place with their reasoning for restriction. Channels are being completely restricted just because they contain a certain word in their title or might use a word that is hardly negative. You take my video for example, titled "How to Quit Smoking." YouTube decided to restrict this video solely based on the word *smoking*. The intention of the video is to help people with a health risk factor yet is deemed unworthy to advertisers. Then there are channels like VetRanch that get hit with restrictions because their content might be deemed too graphic, even though their intention is to educate people that might aspire to be veterinarians themselves.

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Lol I would laugh a lot if they did this just so people could read more newspapers. That is a dream for them that never will come true lol. I am laughing at this right now even. Seems to me that they are burned and wanted payback for Pewds not being fired. First they went after Pewdiepie and it had a backlash, and now they went after the whole website. Talk about desperation... rofl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Okay so the whole ad boycot thing happened and well if I'm honest I'm not really sure what to say. The wallstreet journal had absolutely no right to do what it did. To be totally honest I'm not happy about it. Youtube should be left alone not screwed with by news paper outlets who want more people to read news papers. God it makes me angry and I shouldn't be I know that but sometimes these things can be annoying. People doing stuff that just isn't right and not enough people standing up to say something I feel.
Not only you, everyone involved on this biggest YT drama ever. It's pretty su**s for us, my pv decreased everyday, my earning too, but theres nothing we can fo to fix it. Just enjoy ur jurney, and keep upload ur vids frequently..