Youtube Accused MY Voice of Being Fake? (Please Help!)

Fearny

Reaction score
Ok so I have been wrongly demonetized after Youtube's algorithm determined my voiceover artist to be a 'synthetic voice' made by computer software.
This has turned into such a rough and slowly-moving process that I've decided to get some support on twitter to get the attention of the YTcreator Team.
Please retweet my pinned post @motivediahd if you have two minutes, or offer any advice. It would mean a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Since when is using text-to-speech grounds for demonitization?

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is an unfortunate situation. I can see how their system thought the voice was not human. The pacing is slow and the voice is very monotonous, I wouldn't be surprised that they might ask you to vary it a bit so it's less so.

Fearny

Reaction score
This is an unfortunate situation. I can see how their system thought the voice was not human. The pacing is slow and the voice is very monotonous, I wouldn't be surprised that they might ask you to vary it a bit so it's less so.
Harsh though, eh. If someone was disabled and therefore spoke a certain way, this would be a discrimination case. Luckily I'm just sat here waiting for it to sort itself out.

Reactions: zerocache

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Harsh though, eh. If someone was disabled and therefore spoke a certain way, this would be a discrimination case. Luckily I'm just sat here waiting for it to sort itself out.
Obviously I don't speak for YT. I think you have a good case and with that video you proved them otherwise.

You are right that it's discrimination because a computer will always discriminate. Their system clearly can't understand the difference between a deep voice and tonality , slow pacing and synthesized.

I'm curious once a rep reviews your case, what they'll say.

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
maybe your voice has no emotion

Last edited:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Obviously I don't speak for YT. I think you have a good case and with that video you proved them otherwise.

You are right that it's discrimination because a computer will always discriminate. Their system clearly can't understand the difference between a deep voice and tonality , slow pacing and synthesized.

I'm curious once a rep reviews your case, what they'll say.
As the reviews and removals are always done by actual humans, the discrimination was at a human hearing level. We therefore need to see what a second human reviewer says.

Reactions: zerocache