• Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Youtube Accused MY Voice of Being Fake? (Please Help!)

Fearny

Reaction score
Ok so I have been wrongly demonetized after Youtube's algorithm determined my voiceover artist to be a 'synthetic voice' made by computer software.
This has turned into such a rough and slowly-moving process that I've decided to get some support on twitter to get the attention of the YTcreator Team.
Please retweet my pinned post @motivediahd if you have two minutes, or offer any advice. It would mean a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Since when is using text-to-speech grounds for demonitization?

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is an unfortunate situation. I can see how their system thought the voice was not human. The pacing is slow and the voice is very monotonous, I wouldn't be surprised that they might ask you to vary it a bit so it's less so.

Fearny

Reaction score
This is an unfortunate situation. I can see how their system thought the voice was not human. The pacing is slow and the voice is very monotonous, I wouldn't be surprised that they might ask you to vary it a bit so it's less so.
Harsh though, eh. If someone was disabled and therefore spoke a certain way, this would be a discrimination case. Luckily I'm just sat here waiting for it to sort itself out.

Reactions: zerocache

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Harsh though, eh. If someone was disabled and therefore spoke a certain way, this would be a discrimination case. Luckily I'm just sat here waiting for it to sort itself out.
Obviously I don't speak for YT. I think you have a good case and with that video you proved them otherwise.

You are right that it's discrimination because a computer will always discriminate. Their system clearly can't understand the difference between a deep voice and tonality , slow pacing and synthesized.

I'm curious once a rep reviews your case, what they'll say.

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
maybe your voice has no emotion

Last edited:

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Obviously I don't speak for YT. I think you have a good case and with that video you proved them otherwise.

You are right that it's discrimination because a computer will always discriminate. Their system clearly can't understand the difference between a deep voice and tonality , slow pacing and synthesized.

I'm curious once a rep reviews your case, what they'll say.
As the reviews and removals are always done by actual humans, the discrimination was at a human hearing level. We therefore need to see what a second human reviewer says.

Reactions: zerocache