Your YouTube pet peeve! >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
Long intros, misleading thumbnails, "False" comments (IE "Nice vid, check my channel please?"), most reaction videos, flavor of the month/"Trending" game playthroughs, etc.

Reactions: LJay

GameramaTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Passive aggressive channel self-promotion is probably my biggest peeve.

"I love your videos" followed by "you inspired me to start making videos of my own, on this channel, that I'm commenting from now, of which they call be accessed..." is the way they usually go. As well asking people asking others to subscribe or "check-out their videos" in comments in general.

Reactions: echoraven

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I just got a comment on a video that simply said, "Check me out please." I looked at their channel thinking it might be similar to mine somehow, saw it was a typical gaming channel, and deleted the comment. Probably the first comment I've ever deleted.

Macsorj

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Overrated intros, long intros, skrillex, overrated music. Low framerate... the list goes on.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Asking for subs, comments, likes, etc. at the start of a video.
Asking for subs, comments, likes, etc. multiple times in a video.
People who didn't cut out the 2 minutes of stammering before they actually get to talking about the subject their video is about.
People who don't edit out excessive "umms" or dead space (some is fine, but if 30% of your video is dead air you have a problem).

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People asking for free stuff.

Just because I'm your favorite channel doesn't mean that I should be sending you stuff just because you watched or subscribed.

Last edited:

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
(rant mode on)
  • People who comment "This is fake"
  • People who argue over who commented/viewed first. Grow up!
  • People begging for subs and views in my videos comment section. That's there to comment on my videos, it's not a classified ad board.
  • People who threaten to unsubscribe for various petty reasons. Shut up and just do it, then. We'll get along fine without you.
  • Trolls and haters who are just there to stir the pot and get attention. Why are you watching our videos if you hate us so much?
  • YouTube's lousy interface--advertisers are first priority, then viewers, creators are their last priority.
  • The fact that whoever is doing the programming and design at YouTube has obviously never been a content creator.
  • Whiners. Stop complaining and waiting for someone to rescue you, pull yourself up for god's sake.
  • Videos that start with someone saying "Hey guys". SO many videos do this, and once you notice it, you can't un-notice it! Can't people come up with anything more original than "hey guys"?
(rant mode off)

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The widespread use of the word "amazing" for any and all things they enjoy. People must have really low standards or some sort of memory disorder to be constantly amazed by everything. I realize this isn't specifically a YouTube pet-peeve.

Reactions: markkaz

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
20 second long generic dubstep intros.

Status
Not open for further replies.